Tarot of the Holy Light, 2nd ed.

mrpants

Hey all, anyone had the chance to see this one in person yet? If so, I have a couple questions:

How's the card stock?
Is there a dove on the Temperance card?
If you have seen or owned the first edition as well, which do you prefer?

Thanks,

Corey

Anise

I have the second edition and have never seen the linen first edition.

The card stock is alright. The cards are smooth and almost matte, riffle and overhand shuffle nicely, but feel kind of cardboard-y.

There's no dove on the Temperance card. Was there one on the original card?

Alta

I only have the first edition and have never had a chance to see the second. No dove on the Temperance card.

VioletEye

hi corey,
i only have the first edition, so i can't comment on the comparison. but i will say that it's gorgeous!

i had a quick look-through, and while there is no dove per se on temperance, she does have wings.

other doves appear on:
~ the ten of cups
~ the hermit
~ the three of cups
~ judgement

i may have missed a few, there are actually a lot of birds in this deck! phoenixes, eagles, egrets, parrots...

Myrrha

hi corey,
i only have the first edition, so i can't comment on the comparison. but i will say that it's gorgeous!

i had a quick look-through, and while there is no dove per se on temperance, she does have wings.

other doves appear on:
~ the ten of cups
~ the hermit
~ the three of cups
~ judgement

i may have missed a few, there are actually a lot of birds in this deck! phoenixes, eagles, egrets, parrots...

Does the book talk about these birds as symbols or are they more decorative?This deck looks really interesting and I've been really drawn to bird symbolism lately. I know it isn't a "bird deck" but still wonder if they are discussed in the book.

VioletEye

Does the book talk about these birds as symbols or are they more decorative?This deck looks really interesting and I've been really drawn to bird symbolism lately. I know it isn't a "bird deck" but still wonder if they are discussed in the book.

i don't have the companion book, so i'm not sure; but, i'm fairly certain that just about everything depicted has symbolic value!
the LWB doesn't talk at all about the images themselves, it just gives keywords and phrases for the cards' meanings.

gregory

LINEN first edition ? *rushes upstairs to take a look*

No - laters maybe....

VioletEye

mine is linen?
copyright 2011, published by noreah/brownfield press.
i've had it for a few years.

eolian

I thought i might mention if one has Amazon prime one can borrow the companion book for free with a Kindle under the Kindle Owners Lending Library. I have borrowed and read it 2x.
This is the reason i purchased the 1st edition deck.

JylliM

The book is also available as part of the Fools Dog app of the deck, which in Australia is $5.99. In other parts of the world it's probably more like 99 cents ;)