Diana's suit + number method?

Shalott

Hi,
I had trouble deciding whether to PM Diana or post, but I'm sure her answer would be valuable to more ppl than just li'l ol' me.

I have read Diana say (erm, type?) on several occasions that "X" number reacts in "X" manner to "X" suit. I am reading the epic tome that goes with the "Pythgorean Tarot," and it has been a HUGE help to me. However, it is my only resource on applying numerology to Tarot (other than here of course), and doesn't quite go into that, at least as far as I am. So I suppose ultimately I'm wondering how one would come to understand this method? (LOL - I'm assuming that if there's books about it, they're not in English! But if they are, that would just rock!) I am still just learning numerology, but the concept of elements I more familiar with since I grew up around astrology. Perhaps it just comes with a deeper understanding of numerology?

:D

Fulgour

Shalott said:
I have read Diana say...
"X" number reacts in "X" manner to "X" suit.
I'd say that's spot on!

Fulgour

by way of X-planation...

A play on X marks the Spot, and suggesting that the idea
sounds encouragingly valid. "Spot on" being quite precise.

And, for my part, an example might be, VI de Coupes:
"The number six will be nurturing in the suit of Cups."

Shalott

Yep, that's zactly what I mean: how does one come to understand that 6 is nurturing in the suit of Cups? I mean, I'm getting to learn numbers, and I do know suits/elements...but putting them together, I barely have a rudimentary understanding of, which at this point, keeps me pretty reliant on the ONE book I know of (particularly in English) on the subject. I'm to the point where I'd like to expand beyond this.

Shalott

Thanks, I will look through these. :)

(Heck just even this first link shows some stuff I haven't seen in the TOME!)

Fulgour

Shalott said:
...some stuff I haven't seen in the TOME!
About the only thing that I can say for sure about
The Pythagorean Tarot, Deck and Book Set
is that it weighs 2 1/2 pounds...

Shalott

LOL - I must give it a lot of credit. I wouldn't be anywhere in Marseille right now without it. But SO much of it is devoted to the majors which are SO vastly different from TdM, one would be better off with a RWS book. 2.5 lbs devoted to the minors would be more valuable to ME!!!

Nuance and depth...that's what it lacks. Which one would think could have been squeezed into 2.5 lbs.

Diana

Just be logical.

Take an 8 for instance. 8s refer to adjustment (what does one hear in the second syllable of "adjustment"?). Okay, they also mean other things, but let's go with one of the basic fundamental meaning, i.e. adjustment and all its brothers and sisters and cousins.

So how would an 8 - Adjustment - fit in with a very solid element, or an airy-fairy element, on an active element?

Ponder on this.

Clue: Water is a very moving element (unless it has frozen which can happen in the Tarot.) So 8s can find a way to adjust quite easily. However, Earth is a kind of immovible, right? One needs a lot of muscle power to move the earth from one place to another. However... it is not completely incompatible and one needs to be very crafty and clever to use the 8 and the Earth but in the end it can work out beautifully.

Do you see what I mean?

It's kind of logical.

The Majors help an AWFUL lot here. (8 = Justice, for instance.)