Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

nisaba

Oddity: I'm not allowed to post in teh travel journal yet, but ...

Café Sodom. It's not as sinful as the name might make you think, it's just a nice little hole-in-the-wall café with brown vintage furniture from the 50's,

I screamed with laughter at that one.

Hole in the wall? Brown furniture? What's not to laugh at?

Oddity

nisaba, you have a dirty mind! :laugh:

Aulruna

I love the pictures you posted, Oddity!

Looks like Frankie is having a blast. I -as a Gemini- am particularly taken withe the Mercury monument!

Oddity

There's some more coming up now!
I'm a Gemini too :D

Le Fanu

What wonderful pictures you posted! I loved looking at them. How fascinating to see other places and see him enjoying the sights (to see that bag in unfamiliar settings is like setting eyes on an old friend!). I really loved your posts! What an insane idea this is and how well-travelled he will be by the end of it! Thank you so much for posting.

Cat*

Oddity, thanks for all the pictures and stories! I feel like I'm there with you and Frankie.

That bag really is a beauty! I look forward to being able to examine it thoroughly so I can borrow the technique for my own bags as well. :D

BlueDragonfly

Oddity, It looks like Frankie's first stop on the world tour has had just the right mix of sight-seeing and relaxation!

I really enjoyed all the pics! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Le Fanu

It felt like a holiday in miniature for me seeing those pics!

nisaba

It's so frustrating to me, a born chatterbox, not to be able to comment on Frankie's journeys in that other thread! but I'm having the time of my life following him around, especially right now when the pics have surfaced for the first time. Keep talking! And the next person, keep up the line of chatter! Hopefully he'll end up being the most photographed individual Tarot deck in the history of the world.

More than ever, I'm keen to read of all his future journeys - and to get my grubby little paws on him myself! Getting some ideas about where I'll take him and what we'll do (everywhere and everything).

My daughter, who's almost as terrified of heights as I am, has almost volunteered to take him up to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and take a photo of him in her hand up there overlooking Sydney Harbour! Woo-hoo! We'll certainly do a day in Sydney, no matter how much I hate it. I'm sure I can find art galleries, museums, markets, Opera Houses and old friends from prior to 1991 there.

But I also want to take him to Western Australian places: Wave Rock so he can surf down the biggest (granite) tsunami in the world, Malcha's Cave, so dark with the evil of taboo marriage and child-murder that even the flies won't go into the cave (and they don't!), even just the telecentre in Ravy or to sit in Shirley's office (the sole public servant in town, doing everything for every government department, state and federal, and working only part-time, and then slowly!) with her over a coffee shooting the breeze (she has an oracle on her desk with was the ONLY other related object in the whole town outside of my collection when I was there!), Hopetoun's Jetty, where the constant wind blows northwards off directly off Antarctican ice-shelves and over the Southern Ocean, the incredible white sands of WA beaches as opposed to the dirty yellow sands of NSW beaches, etc etc etc.

I can't drive from one end of the continent to the other in my week of custody. What to do, what to do ...

Aulruna

Oddity, thank you so much for your journal entries. That calm, soothing effect you describe Frankie having radiates from your posts, too. I feel calmed and peaceful and happy just watching the two of you stroll around...