Sleeping on a card

seapearls

Don't think I've seen this anywhere yet. I'm talking about using a card at night just as you would a gemstone under your pillow.(well we put our crystals in our pillowcase) Can you or have you read of doing this to gain something from the card you choose like better understanding of the card, insight or the cards help with a problem etc. Now there would be the possibility of bending your card up so what about placing it right next to you as you sleep or even under your top matterss so it stays flat.

Its like osmosis, hahahaha

contradiction

i have done this, (on the night stand of course), even took a whole spread, stacked them in order, and put them beside the bed. don't know if it helped any more than leaving them on the table or not,(which i have also done) but i did wake up with some new thoughts.

Electrum

I've slept with a Tarot card under my pillow. It didn't get bent or anything, but I don't move around all that much during sleep.

prudence

I do this all the time!! I have bent them sometimes but that's okay, I just bend them back. I have had some of the most amazing, powerfully symbolic dreams when I do this. Sometimes I ask before bed "which cards do I need to bring with me into the dreamtime?" and I close my eyes and pick. Sometimes I choose them for what ever energy they represent to me, like something I want to bring out in me. I keep them under the pillow, within my pillowcase so that they don't get lost. Last PM one of the 3 cards I had under my pillow was the High Magick card from the Thoth tarot (the black card with the red hexagram design on it), wow, it was trippy.
Astrid

temperlyne

I've done this with cards that were puzzling me at the time hoping that a dream might clarify things. Alas.. it never worked for me but joping that it would made me really focuss on the cards and that did work to get me to understand the cards better. To prevent denting I used to put them under the matrass and that works great.

bonnycat

I have slept with the whole deck inside the pillow slip ,as I am a figgit in bed, it stayes put then near my head. I am sure it would work with one card. Have you thought about accually carrying a card around with you all the time? I have made a small pouch for this purpose and am using unvirsals tiny tarot pinned to my underwear. I have got some good insites with this

Sophie

It wouldn't occur to me. The strength of Tarot lies in its imagery and our response to it. In sleep that imagery can visit me just as easily from its cosy bag as from under my pillow - should my unconscious call it up :)

psychic sue

I've slept with single cards under my pillow, when I was learning. I never damaged any.

I slept with the card under my pillow, and then contemplated the card during the whole of the next day.

Great way to learn the cards.

tarotbear

tarot wedgies ....

bonnycat said:
Have you thought about accually carrying a card around with you all the time? I have made a small pouch for this purpose and am using unvirsals tiny tarot pinned to my underwear. I have got some good insights with this

PINNED to your underwear? Don't make any fast moves! There is some UK company that makes men's underwear with an 'inside pocket' (For what reason? Condoms?) but carrying a card around in my shirt pocket is fine - I am not sticking anything in my underwear. Are you serious? Do you let people shuffle this deck after you have carried cards around near you private parts? Talk about "pulling something out of your butt!" LOL!!!

bonnycat

Ok sounds strange I know that is why I use the tiny tarot which I don't tended to read with as it is too small. Female clothes are not very good on the pocket front. That is why I get my parter to carry the keys ect when my bag is too small or I don't have one.