AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

jackdaw*

My Fool is done (he's Photoshopped, but I plan to add a detail or two by hand to each to make it a little more personal), and just working on ideas for the Ace of Pentacles now! So excited :)

DraagonStorm

rebecca-smiles

Corner cutting, unless you do have a machine like I do, would be way to much for you to handle. And really would be the only way to corner cut the deck. As I sure, if each person cuts their own cards, the diameter of the cuts are not going to be the same thoughout the deck... some may use a craft corner cutter (these are not always the same diameter from cutter to cutter), and some I've seen in posts use nail clippers, and so forth.

Corner cutting was not originally intented for looks anyway. Cards are corner cut to curtail wear and tear on the cards when shuffling and dealing.

Just a suggestion, but I would say in the case of this project, would be, not to corner cut. If a person wants their personal deck corner cut, they could do that themselves.

BB
DraagonStorm

jackdaw*

That does make sense, DraagonStorm. I have a small and very stiff corner cutter that I can use for my own deck, although it breaks my thumb to do so (I've been able to do only three or four cards of my trimmed DruidCraft before I have to do something else for awhile and let my thumb rest!)

blackroseivy

I will do my best, but I will have to go to the library to do the prints & I have to use the cardstock that they are able to put through the laser printer. I may use a rubber stamp on the backs, though non-uniform backs kinda throw me, but prolly others think differently so ok, I guess! :p hehe

I'm just confused as to how many copies I need to make - & exactly when is the deadline, now?? :confused:

chrisam-crystals

cor blimey guvnor......i can't believe how much i have taken on over this past week! :D

2 cards on each set of deck creations, private readings, spiritualism course and now a UK magazine has offered to commission me to write an article........FOR MONEY! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!

i was going to make a start on my cards tomorrow, but unfortunately paid work comes first.....;)

jue xx

rebecca-smiles

Cheers Draadgon storm, i think you're right. i couldn't think how we could do it with any consistency, so i guess we should just leave it.

The deadline is provisionally for may 2007. there isn't a date because we haven't fixed a date with a venue yet, although there are plenty to choose from, our first choice is proving hard to contact. if we get done sooner than that there may be more exhibition options, but i'm not pushing for that, we all need time on this.

we'll know how many copies when the list is full.

c-urchin

Ooh....that's good, if the deadline has moved and the number of copies will get smaller, then I'll do some more cards!

Could I please have the Knight of Swords and the eight of Pentacles?

Thanks, Lisa

I have started Temperence and I'm pleased so far. Is there any way of linking to images of finished cards. I assume there isn't an album we can put them in. I'll probably add them to my Deviant Art gallery, but I don't think I'm allowed to link that here?

rebecca-smiles

the cards are yours, c-urchin. I'm not sure what liks you can post here.

firecatpickles

Moderator Note:
c-urchin said:
I'll probably add them to my Deviant Art gallery, but I don't think I'm allowed to link that here?

c-urchin,

Provided your Deviant Art Gallery does'nt contain anything sexually explicit, you will be fine to Link it here as per Board Guidelines:

Major Tom said:
You may post links to your work...

It is an unfortunate fact of life that images posted to the web are at risk of theft. You are encouraged to read this thread to familiarise yourself with the issues...

kilts_knave

c-urchin

Hmmm, no idea how to get the quotes on this bit!...

{c-urchin,

Provided your Deviant Art Gallery does'nt contain anything sexually explicit, you will be fine to Link it here as per Board Guidelines:}

I have a couple of nudes, but don't think they are particularly sexually explicit....I have an "adult content" on one, but only because that was on the original stock photo. I always find it hard to know what contitutes child-unfriendly. I have a small son and would be happy for him to look at these images, but then maybe I am more liberal than some. If someone would be happy to look at my DA page and tell me what they think I would be grateful, I can send the link privately.

Cheers, Lisa