anybody seen the new companion book for "Dark Goddess" Tarot?

magpie9

Has anyone seen or got this yet? What's it like? Is it helpful? I'm thinking of getting it...Please Share!

nicky

I have it in my hot little hands - what do you want to know ?

It has information about the Goddesses - so not only does it talk about what the card means when it comes up in a reading it also gives a nice mythology lesson.

magpie9

That's what I was hoping for....not new-age blither, which seems to be going around in companion books these days! Is the mythology accurate for the Goddesses you're familiar with?
Thanks much :)

strings of life

My book just arrived. Lightening fast shipping I might add; I ordered it on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived on Saturday morning via USPS Priority.

What nicky said: the book has information about the symbolism in the card and the details about each goddess. This is what I was hoping for since I'll admit that I'm not too familiar with most of the goddesses. And I bought the deck to learn more about them.

I purchased the printed version and was pleasantly surprised with the printing quality. It's also available as an eBook too.

This deck is one of those where the companion book may help you get a better understanding of the theme. Or you can always just do the research on your own.

I'm thrilled with my purchase!

ETA: Edited to add:
That's what I was hoping for....not new-age blither, which seems to be going around in companion books these days! Is the mythology accurate for the Goddesses you're familiar with?
Thanks much :)
Yes, she includes history on each of the goddesses in addition to why she selected each one for the particular card.

magpie9

I ordered the print version today! Thanks for the good information, strings. I hope it will come as quickly as yours did.