Druidcraft study group: Queen of Swords

Laurelin

The first few things I noticed...

The sign of age in this card is her grey hair. Could that symbolise maturity of mind? That's how I see it. Her eyes are somewhat closed. It doesn't seem to be necessary for her to see things to know them. If the wind is blowing and threatening to sting her eyes, she'll simply close them and use another, more capable sense until it dies down. She doesn't mind the wind at all as evidenced by the location of her throne. There are no barriers to keep it at bay there.

She will accept the full force gale without fear. She knows her throne is rooted. It almost looks as though it grows straight out of the rocks, as though she fashioned it out of saplings that were already rooted in the ground. It has a more rustic, unadorned feel than the other thrones (many of which are ornately carved). She is very much the same. Her circlet, bracelet, and sword are her signs of office. She bears no other. Her regal purple garb is tattered suggesting that she will hang onto something as long as it can still perform its function. She is frugal, intelligent, brave, and confident. Like the tree in the background, she has grown from her vast experiences and used them to enrich her life and mind rather than to allow herself to be more than superficially worn by them.

This card looks like dawn to me, the sky is pale blue, pink, and sun yellow at the bottom. It looks like she loves this part of the day, a chance to get centered, spend some time alone, think. She takes full advantage of her perch and absorbs everything. She starts, lives, and ends the day thinking, considering, and coming to good conclusions. She's the type who expects the people to come to see her for an audience with the queen. I don't doubt she anticipates difficulties in her realm, parses them over in her head, and comes to a variety of plausible conclusions before others even approach her with them. As a matter of fact, it looks to me as though she is having one of those mental conversations right now. She, through years of flexing her mind, has more than just herself rattling around in that wise head of hers. She keeps herself, her family, and her subjects around at all times. She gives the appearance of a solitary monarch, but she doesn't look at all lonely to me. She is readying her mind for whatever may come. She's too busy to be lonely.

--Laurelin

Arania

It may be that the hair is for wisdom more than for physical age - although she does appear to have lived a long life, she isn't physically old other than the hair.

The impression i get from this card is a woman who has been there, done that/suffered it and knows how it works. The barren landscape around her to me indicates that most of the roads worth travelling for her have already been taken and life is a bit of a boring routine by now. So she is sitting back, taking a deep breath and is about to think up new things, create other possibilities. Her interlect will never succumb to idle thoughts.

sharpchick

She is a woman who has experienced great joy - and great pain. I think she gives careful consideration to choosing her words, just as she is giving careful consideration to the sharpness of her sword. At times, that might give people the impression she is disconnected, when she is very connected, but perhaps not willing to show her emotional vulnerability. . . she has made a conscious choice to keep her feelings close to the vest.

furiana

:TQS I love this lady so much! :heart:

Fostha

WolfSpirit said:
Compared to the other queens, she sits in the most barren circumstances - just bare rock, no pleasant lake or grass or other plants, apart from a tree in the distance. She is willing to sacrifice these pleasantries in exchange for a lofty place to sit, that enables her to overview all and make logical conclusions.

Thats exactly how I see her.:)