New Planet Discovered

Moongold

It's a really interesting discussion in the context of astrology as a map of our lives and the choices we make. A way of understanding everything and using our talents and opportunities to the max.

Space science has impacted on medicine in profound ways. Some of the technological discoveries have influenced surgical and medical eqipment, for example. There are probably others that I can't think of right now :)

And art and literature are really important to people who are ill as well - for pleasure, learning and therapy.

And isn't interesting that two of the most optimistic cards in tarot are the Sun and the Star.

punkangelgcm437

I am totally sorry for the the somewhat offensive thing I said.

I understand that it all is on personal preference...but I just think it's sad we can find out we have a 13 billion yr old planet out there but we can't cure aids yet. So many more people care about AIDS than our universes' formation.

Personally myself, if I had to choose...I'd wanna help the world cure diseases that are killing people every day. And so many of them are innocent victums.

But medicine does involve some serious commitment to helping people...and altho I care about the world and wanna help as many people as I can...I dont think doing stuff involving blood is my cup of tea (I hate seein people bleed...freaks me out).

I suppose my opinons aren't gonna change anything...since I can't make people wanna do medical sciences. And I probably dont have any room to talk since I wanna do something artist-like when I grow up too.

Sorry for such a controversal post...but I was always outspoken.

~Much Love~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

Oh punkangel, we know you didn't write that to offend anyone ^_^ If I recall, you have Mars in Virgo? THis is a good placement for *taking action* towards helping others.

truthsayer

punkangel, i wasn't offended. i just wanted to offer a different way of looking at things. indeed it is frustrating that more isn't done to resolve human problems. i worked in human services for 12 years. i worked hard to help my clients but it was only one me against hundreds of them. there's loads of human suffering out there. more than i can humanly bear. i had to change vocations.

but you are new to the world's problems. have you thought about what you can do to make a difference? it sounds like you have the passion and compassion to go into medicine or some similar field. best wishes and blessings to you. so many worlds for you to discover out there.(((((((((punkangel)))))))

punkangelgcm437

Isthmus...I indeed have Mars in Virgo. I also have Mars squaring my Rising/Ascendant (sag). I'm glad none of yall are offended...sometimes I get so passionate and caught up in what I say I forget that I might hurt someones' feelings. ::huggles Isthmus::

Well..as for now...I think taking care of my dad is enough on my plate. When he gets feelin better...we'll tackle the world.

::huggles Truth:: I honestly dont know what I wanna do in life...since I'm so young and junk. I never thought of medicine as my field (the whole blood thing...plus u gotta be super-smart). And Truth, I think if you read more of my posts. you'll see that I have a passion for everything. I'm either totally in it or totally out. I dont really know where that comes from...I guess I'll attribute it to all the fire I have (I'm prettymuch have fire, half air, with alil water and earth in me).

But one of my goals is...if I ever get lots of money...is that I wanna donate some of it to a AIDS foundation so they can cure it. That's part of the reason why I wanna get rich...so I can share it. I actually made a list of all the things I wanna do in life. I think everyone should try it.

~Much Love To Yall~
~Sarah~
**Edited to hug**

Minderwiz

Punkangel - I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments - at a human being level finding a cure for Aids is far more important than finding a wandering gas giant - your post was a fair comment.

Astrologically this planet is unimportant indeed irrelevant. Firstly because Astrology is geo-centric and based on the ideas of spheres around the Earth - the Moon, Mercury, Venus, through to Saturn all have their spheres - beyond Saturn is the Spheres of the Zodiac and the fixed stars and beyond that the sphere of the divine.

Arguably Astrology works through light - The Sun and Moon are the luminaries, the other planets in turn reflect light. When there ability to reflect is low then they are weak. The Sun and Moon are weak when eclipsed, planets are weak when they are combust (within 8 degrees or so of the Sun). Therefore what sheds little or no light is insignificant.

Also this planet does not move from an Earth perspective (at least in anything like a reasonable human time frame). It will alwaysapprear to be in the same direction it is now because of the huge separation in distance. If it were a very bright star then it might have Astrological significance - Astrologers use certain fixed stars (though I believe they are all in the plane of the zodiac). Instead it is a curiosity of science but it is not a curiosity of Astrology.

Minderwiz

Punkangel - I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments - at a human being level finding a cure for Aids is far more important than finding a wandering gas giant - your post was a fair comment.

Astrologically this planet is unimportant indeed irrelevant. Firstly because Astrology is geo-centric and based on the ideas of spheres around the Earth - the Moon, Mercury, Venus, through to Saturn all have their spheres - beyond Saturn is the Spheres of the Zodiac and the fixed stars and beyond that the sphere of the divine.

Arguably Astrology works through light - The Sun and Moon are the luminaries, the other planets in turn reflect light. When there ability to reflect is low then they are weak. The Sun and Moon are weak when eclipsed, planets are weak when they are combust (within 8 degrees or so of the Sun). Therefore what sheds little or no light is insignificant.

Also this planet does not move from an Earth perspective (at least in anything like a reasonable human time frame). It will alwaysapprear to be in the same direction it is now because of the huge separation in distance. If it were a very bright star then it might have Astrological significance - Astrologers use certain fixed stars (though I believe they are all in the plane of the zodiac). Instead it is a curiosity of science but it is not a curiosity of Astrology. :)

HudsonGray

I don't get upset about where research is going--remember each person doing the research is following their strongest interests. If that's astronomy where you want to chart dark matter & see across half the galaxy to find just how many planets you CAN see, that's great. If your forte` is robotics, that can have you trying to design artificial intelligence based on insect learning, or help for the handicapped, or whatever, it's not wasted time. If it's in the medical field, you follow where the strongest feel for research leads you.

The trick is to get more people interested in the medical field so they can focus on the needs there, but I'd not cut down any findings in alternative fields--look at what NASA has started that ended up in the average Joe's hands--we benefited in the last 30 years from teflon, pens that write while upside down, power tools with magnetic tips, ultra thin flexible metal type survivor blankets, etc. There's a certain amount of trickle down that often ends up in totally different uses from what it was intended.

Research, yes. Focus--encourage your kids to enter fields where they can be the most benefit for health, if that's where you want to see improvements. But embrace the other discoveries too, you never know where they'll side track to.

bluestar

I looked up M4 and found this from:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/a480502
M4 - Located near the star Antares in Scorpio, this globular cluster shines at magnitude 5.6. In very dark skies it can be visible to the naked eye. One of the nearest globular clusters, it is another fine target for binoculars or a small telescope.

So it seems this planet got pulled in nearish to the heart of the Scorpion (Antares).
The effect of the discovery seems to be very Scorpio!
I find it interesting with the apparent scientific stir this discovery has caused, that it is transforming commonly held theories re. what are the qualities of systems which may sustain earth - like life, and how old are things really etc.
If anyone is interested in looking up the chart of this stuck -planets' sighting, I am interested in any comments you may have!