Mystical Cats Tarot - Two of Sky (Swords)

Onaorkal

A black cat is standing on a spot of bare ground, his eyes closed, nose up and mouth open.
He seem to either be at the top of a hill or at the edge of a cliff. On each side of him, a yellow-orange gonfalon with the Sky Clan's emblem is planted in the ground. The flags' fabric is quite badly torn at the bottom.
In front of him, in the front plan of the card, we can see grass getting taller and denser the further away we go from the top/edge of the hill/cliff.
Behind the cat, we can see a large area of pink something. It could be low clouds with the rising/setting Sun reflecting on them. Or it could be a body of water, again with Sun reflecting on it. I personally think it looks more like clouds than water, but the clean separation between the pink and the white areas makes me doubt.
Right above this thick pink layer, there is another quite thick layer of white clouds.
Above the clouds, a little part of the dark grey sky can be observed, along with a wet moon crescent and a few stars.

Colors : There is quite a mix in this card. What caught my attention is that most colors are displayed as horizontal layers (green, beige, pink, white, grey).

According to the book, this cat is focusing his senses to be able to identify potential enemies in his surroundings. ''Until he knows more, he stays right where he is.'' This card advises us to not act mindlessly and to be patient in situations of uncertainty, when the next move is potentially decisive. It's perfectly summarized as : ''Gather more infomation, pay attention to details, and trust your instincts […].''

Symbolism :

Since I can't make up my mind about whether he's standing on the edge of a cliff or on top of a hill, I have some trouble figuring out many elements. Same for the pink clouds or water. I'd be happy to get people's insight about this one!

Naked ground/top hill/edge cliff : This cat is in a vulnerable state, with nowhere close to hide. He definitely needs to stay alert.

Torn emblems : Tells us that some fight happened at this location at least once. So again, not a peaceful place, emphasizes the need to stay alert.

Number 2 (gonfalons) : Symbolizes duality, balance and change.

Layers of colors : Horizontal lines are related to passiveness, which quite fits the energy of this card. Other than that, I suddenly thought those layers could refer to the duality of things.
Green grass layer VS beige naked ground = Life VS death, protection VS vulnerability
White layer of clouds VS Dark grey sky = Mind full of thoughts VS mind empty of thoughts
Sun reflecting on water/clouds VS Moon and stars = Day VS night, light VS darkness

White clouds : Usually symbolize clear thoughts. But here we are talking about a thick layer of clouds and not scattered ones. So it might represent a mind full of thoughts, which can cause confusion.

Sun rising or setting : Represents a transition.

Moon : Related to the instincts and unconscious mind.

Lunaea

Since I can't make up my mind about whether he's standing on the edge of a cliff or on top of a hill, I have some trouble figuring out many elements. Same for the pink clouds or water. I'd be happy to get people's insight about this one!

It's the top of a hill, and the pink and white layer in the background is dense fog that surrounds the hill. The cat can't see what's below (at the moment), so must use its sense of smell and other senses to ascertain the situation.

Onaorkal

It's the top of a hill, and the pink and white layer in the background is dense fog that surrounds the hill. The cat can't see what's below (at the moment), so must use its sense of smell and other senses to ascertain the situation.

Ah ha! So my first impression was the right one! I used to see a hill but once I saw a potential cliff I couldn't make up my mind at all!

Thank you for this!! :)

Also for the fog! I thought about this possibility too but opted for not writing it down (was getting too confusing). Well isn't fog about confusion anyway :p

I'll have a look at the card once again later with these new pieces of information in mind :)