Where to find astrological correspondences for every tarot card, please?

Barleywine

Well, Saturn in Leo (in detriment) is really harsh, I am not sure that fits with the playful spirit in the card.
Anyway it is something interesting to consider!

There wasn't much playful about Crowley (unless it was for his own amusement, or the bedeviling of Waite). I also think his decan assignments were directly in line with those of the Golden Dawn in Liber T. The idea of "playfulness" in the 5 of Wands seems to be exclusive to Smith's image. The Golden Dawn had it as: "Violent strife and boldness, rashness, cruelty, violence, lust, desire, prodigality and generosity; depending on whether the card is well or ill dignified."

Ill dignity didn't have far to go to drag down the good parts, I'd say.

decan

Okay, I see. Yes I recognize that I don't know much the Thoth Tarot by Aleister Crowley.

It is a gap I will have to fill in the future!

rwcarter

Hi!

I got very nice readings or some take on my cards from ATers who used astrological correspondences for tarot cards. For example, one reader said that 5 of wands related to Venus in Aquarius.

However, I did not find any website during my Google search about those correspondences... I would really appreciate if someone could give me the link to a website to get them please. I also looked on AT, but did not find any threads for that topic in the archives. I like astrology and I would like to use these associations during my readings.

Thanks! :)
Astrological Attributions of All Cards has files you can print out for the Golden Dawn, PF Case and CC Zain systems. Were you searching in UTC or TT? Astrological associations are discussed in UTC, where this thread will eventually move.

tarot_quest

I am very happy I asked this question! I will finally get some astrological associations :)

By the way, this is my bad! The reader said ''5 of swords = Venus in Aquarius'' (and it was not 5 of wands!). She also used 5 of wands as ''Saturn in Leo''.

Sorry about the confusion!

I will look at all of your links. I already knew the associations for the Major arcana, but not for the minors/pipes.

Again, thanks to all of you! (I can't really comment on these links yet before I check them out)

Ruby Jewel

An excellent book for determining astrological associations with the tarot is "Tarot and Astrology" by Corrine Kenner.

tarot_quest

When the astrological correspondence contradicts the card meaning

Hi guys,

So I finally took a look at the table (astrological correspondence) provided in this thread. Is it me or some association are a bit weird?

For example, 4 of wands is associated with Venus in Aries. 4 of wands is all about commitment, celebration, home and milestones, whereas Venus in Aries is seen as independence, drive, going solo, and a childlike quality is sometimes associated to this card (i.e. baby of the zodiac).

For people who practice astrology, when you read the cards, do you consider the astrological AND the tarot meaning, or it depends on other factors (i.e. how you decide to look at the card on that particular day (astrology vs tarot meaning))?

I have quick example. I did a celtic cross spread a little less than a year ago and I asked about my romantic life (I was single) for the upcoming next 6 months. The outcome card was the 4 of wands, which I thought meant ''starting to lay down some foundations with a man''. However, after this period, I was still single. I realize now that the astrological correspondence (Venus in Aries) makes so much more sens in retrospect. Indeed, during this time frame, I focused on myself because I was looking for a job and handling changes in my life, and I did not find any potential partner during the meantime.

Another thought. 6 of cups means Sun in Scorpio. 6 of cups is about what makes you feel good and is related to the past. Sun in Scorpio is an intense personality slightly troubled from time to time and quite passionate. Since Cancer and Pisces are more tided to the past, wouldn't it be more suited that either Pisces or Cancer represent this card of happy childhood moments and past memories rather than Scorpio?

Laurelle

I put all the Golden Dawn references on my website (see signature).

I have interpreted a few (like I just did the 7 of Pentacles and how it can relate to pregnancy as Saturn in Taurus.) But I have the entire astrological associations on each cards page.

Hope that helps.

tarot_quest

I put all the Golden Dawn references on my website (see signature).

I have interpreted a few (like I just did the 7 of Pentacles and how it can relate to pregnancy as Saturn in Taurus.) But I have the entire astrological associations on each cards page.

Hope that helps.

I will take a look, thank you :)

Laurelle

Hi guys,

So I finally took a look at the table (astrological correspondence) provided in this thread. Is it me or some association are a bit weird?

For example, 4 of wands is associated with Venus in Aries. 4 of wands is all about commitment, celebration, home and milestones, whereas Venus in Aries is seen as independence, drive, going solo, and a childlike quality is sometimes associated to this card (i.e. baby of the zodiac).

For people who practice astrology, when you read the cards, do you consider the astrological AND the tarot meaning, or it depends on other factors (i.e. how you decide to look at the card on that particular day (astrology vs tarot meaning))?

I have quick example. I did a celtic cross spread a little less than a year ago and I asked about my romantic life (I was single) for the upcoming next 6 months. The outcome card was the 4 of wands, which I thought meant ''starting to lay down some foundations with a man''. However, after this period, I was still single. I realize now that the astrological correspondence (Venus in Aries) makes so much more sens in retrospect. Indeed, during this time frame, I focused on myself because I was looking for a job and handling changes in my life, and I did not find any potential partner during the meantime.

Another thought. 6 of cups means Sun in Scorpio. 6 of cups is about what makes you feel good and is related to the past. Sun in Scorpio is an intense personality slightly troubled from time to time and quite passionate. Since Cancer and Pisces are more tided to the past, wouldn't it be more suited that either Pisces or Cancer represent this card of happy childhood moments and past memories rather than Scorpio?

Venus in Aries fall in and out of love very quickly. They are very intense when the fall in love and very intense when they fall out of love. This would be the case if your actual venus on your natal chart was in aries. I see this because the Empress and Emperor are mars and venus are lovers. Emperor is aries and Empress rules Venus. It takes a lot of work to bring these two together, so in order to do so we must stabilize ourselves. It's not use falling in love quickly if you, yourself aren't stable. So unless you were already working towards a marriage, then the outcome would mean that you are working on either your Empress side (art, beauty, dance, painting, whatever) and your Emperor side (stability, logic, reason, school, foundations) and trying to brings these two together.

Scorpio is just as much about the past as Cancer and Pisces. Scorpio is extremely intense, so the sun is almost focusing and zoning in on that happy moment. Scorpio is a fixed sign, where as cancer is cardinal and pisces is mutable, so cancer and Pisces might be slightly more fluid and adaptable..... So Scorpio is going to get "fixated" on that happy moment where everything was beautiful.

tarot_quest

Venus in Aries fall in and out of love very quickly. They are very intense when the fall in love and very intense when they fall out of love. This would be the case if your actual venus on your natal chart was in aries. I see this because the Empress and Emperor are mars and venus are lovers. Emperor is aries and Empress rules Venus. It takes a lot of work to bring these two together, so in order to do so we must stabilize ourselves. It's not use falling in love quickly if you, yourself aren't stable. So unless you were already working towards a marriage, then the outcome would mean that you are working on either your Empress side (art, beauty, dance, painting, whatever) and your Emperor side (stability, logic, reason, school, foundations) and trying to brings these two together.

That is very insightful. Since 4 of wands is often seen as ''commitment'', it is true that for a single person, such card can mean stabilizing oneself. Good point.

Scorpio is just as much about the past as Cancer and Pisces. Scorpio is extremely intense, so the sun is almost focusing and zoning in on that happy moment. Scorpio is a fixed sign, where as cancer is cardinal and pisces is mutable, so cancer and Pisces might be slightly more fluid and adaptable..... So Scorpio is going to get "fixated" on that happy moment where everything was beautiful.

This is also a good point! I can totally relate to the part saying that Scorpios fare fixated only on what they want to see (like the good moments), very true.

I guess that integrating some astrology for the minor as well can bring a fuller picture. Thanks for your input, it truly helped me to reconcile both disciplines.