Will it be my thing? (Pendulum Practice)

GotH

****CLOSED****

It's NOT my thing

So there's been lots of pendulum talk on these threads lately. I happen to have 3 of them that are just sitting there collecting dust. I have some quiet time now so why not just jump into this form of divination and see if it's a good tool for me to use or not. I tend to be on the shaky side (too much caffeine through out the day?) so I'm not sure if this is my thing. :confused: But let's try it anyway! If it works, I'll practice more with it. If not, I'll consider turning them into a couple necklaces! If I blow at it, it's still a win win situation. :)

*2 sitters..

*Each sitter may ask up to 3 YES or NO questions that you KNOW the answers to.

*Choose between the Clear Quartz, Green Aventurine (see above) or Steel point pendulums..​

Smiling

Hi GotH,

I'll play! Let's ask the Green Adventurine (gorgeous!) this question:

Did I receive a response today about the grant?

GotH

Hi GotH,

I'll play! Let's ask the Green Adventurine (gorgeous!) this question:

Did I receive a response today about the grant?

Hi Smiling! I can always count on you to help me practice this kind of stuff and I'm so grateful for that.. Okay, this is either going to work or not. :D

I used your choice in pendulums to ask your question and the answer was NO. No, you did not receive a response today about the grant.

?

Smiling

Aw, happy to help, and you know this is fun for me, too! :)

Ok, so yes, I did receive a response today, but the response I got was a 'no' to the grant (them's the breaks!). So maybe this wasn't the best question to pose...

Here's another one, and maybe this will be easier to read-

Did I see my sister yesterday?

GotH

Aw, happy to help, and you know this is fun for me, too! :)

Ok, so yes, I did receive a response today, but the response I got was a 'no' to the grant (them's the breaks!). So maybe this wasn't the best question to pose...

Here's another one, and maybe this will be easier to read-

Did I see my sister yesterday?

LOL! Okay.. That was tricky but I say I bombed that one because it should have said YES, you did get a response.

ETA: Sorry you didn't the grant! :(

Okay... Did you see your sister yesterday? NO.

?

Smiling

Thanks for the condolences - it was for a small project, so I'm ok with not getting it. :laugh:

Hmm, ok, I did see my sister yesterday, so it was yes...
Not sure how pendulums work, so sorry that I can't offer any helpful advice here, other than what you already know, which is keep practicing!

But you got the opposite answer both times, so maybe read it in the opposite direction? Let me know if you want me to pose another...

GotH

Funny how I kind of got that feeling that you were okay with not getting that grant.. Well, I'm glad your okay with it then. :)

As for my attempt with this..... STRIKE 2! :bugeyed: Nah, I think I should have asked the pendulum if it was okay to proceed. I think that's part of the preparation work right? I didn't do that, I just jumped in.. I'm gonna stop here because this reminds me of the time long, long ago when my friends and I were messing around with the Ouija board and it kept rolling over GOOD BYE. GOOD BYE.. Hmmm... Something in me tells me that this might not be right for me. Do you know if pendulums are supposed to be activated by spirits? Myself, I was thinking Higher Self but I could be all wrong..

Again.. thanks for your help! I've been wanting to try this out for sometime but just couldn't get myself to do it for some reason.

Smiling

"Good Bye Good Bye"...haha Pretty to the point, eh? :laugh:

I do have zero experience with using pendulums, so it's a mystery to me how to proceed, and how you prepare them. :confused: Wish I could help more with that, but I know you know that there are others here who use them, too...
happy journeys :)

danieljuk

don't give up on it, I think you need to get experienced with it like scrying, build up on it. I have had some great readings with a pendulum but also completely off readings! But you need to keep using them and asking questions, it starts to get more precise like crystal balls :) :heart:

GotH

Ahhh thanks for the encouragement my dear Daniel! I think you are right. Practice development is key. Although it seemed like it took me a long time to read the cards comfortably, scrying came quite naturally to me and that's what I was hoping would happen with the pendulum. WrOnG! I'm also a little reluctant to call on "spirits" to help get the answers. I think that's where my block is coming in. I've noticed I seem to get NO for every answer. :bugeyed:

With that said.. I enjoy practicing all areas of divination so I'll give it another go in the future when I lose the doubt. :)