Blum books, all the same?

AJ

The hardcover with the grey binding 10th Anniversary edition 1993 is the one I have.

This week I'm using the German printing of his rune deck created by Gabrielle Gern issued 2001.

I've never see the companion book (she is not credited on the cover) to this deck (image below)
I'm wondering do you have it and can we compare if his interpretations/wording have remained consistent over the years.

is that clear as mud? :) I'm just wondering if I should be hunting for this book in English

Attachments

• Rune Cards Blum Gabrielle Gern.jpg
    Rune Cards Blum Gabrielle Gern.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 91

rachelcat

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question.

I have the Gern collage cards, but just the cards. I assume all Blum books say the same things, but I've never seen the one you show (that goes with the Gern cards). In fact, I don't have any Blum books at all!

Good luck on finding an answer. I'd be interested to know if there is a book specific for these cards.

AJ

the book shown is specific to the blum/gern deck, deck images are on the cover.
Photokat gave me my Gern deck, something her mother had found in a garage sale, and she'd seen my trading post looking for it. It is SO beautiful!

I guess what I'm wondering would be did he rewrite/amend each special edition or if they are all pretty much word for word the same.

crystal dawn

Hi AJ
I have both books in front of me now.
The book that goes with the cards is purple.
The general rune meanings are the same for this deck as in the book of runes as expected, with a little bit of rewording here and there. There is some more general information in the rune cards book (book of runes 152 pages - rune cards book 167 pages). Also An interesting addition to the rune cards book is that there is a little poem for each rune.

In the rune cards book it says Quote - Ralph Blum - book of rune cards "The interpretation of the 25 cards are essentially the same as they were in the book of runes. The remainder of the text is new. Three chapters - runes and healing, runes and dreaming, and the cycle of initiation provide rich new areas for experimentation. In addition to these chapters there are a number of exercises and ceremonies designed especially for the rune cards all of which may be usefully undertaken with the rune stones as well" unquote.

I would say to get the book if you can as it is a worthy addition, if not then you have the meanings for the rune cards in the book of runes

hope this helps

blessings

crystal