Mediums...Is my first time supposed to feel like this?

MissNine

A friend of mine asked if I could get a message from her mom. Tonight, I took time to calm my mind and then felt this rush of chills and goosebumps. Like my body was being pushed backwards. Being led. Weirdest feeling! Then I felt like my friend's mom was giving me messages, as I normally get them. But it was like the messages were more direct. Not sure if that's the right word.

Does anyone else feel like that?

MissNine

*bump*
Anyone have any similar experiences?

celticnoodle

I've read this a few times, but honestly, Missnine, I cannot say I had the same experience. When I get spirits coming to me, I either see them, hear them or smell them. I sometimes can feel spirits too--because they may reach out and touch me--which sometimes does give me goosebumps, but I don't recall ever having had my body pushed backwards. I'm not saying it can't happen--I just don't recall having that experience myself.

Did the messages you received fit with what your friends mother would have said? Was it anything that could be proven to be correct?

palmandal

I had an experience tonight. I was asking for a message from my grandmother - 42 years gone from this life. I've never done this and thought I'd try something new. I felt edgy and was literally shaking while cleansing the area and asking for communication so I was hesitant about drawing. Finally I stopped shuffling and took the first card. The Devil.

I had to grab a magnet to lay on my chest. Energy was too much. I stared and sat quiet for a few minutes waiting for something but nothing happened. I did not want to draw another card but I left that card out.

Just then I got a call from my daughter saying her dog had just attacked a friend sending her to the hospital and now my daughter has to put her dog down.

Coincidence? Something telling me not to mess around? Interruption?

Whatever it was (or wasn't) I'm a little wary of delving into this kind of communication right now. I'm too new. I've been enjoying accurate reads for myself and friends on an earthly level. I will tread lightly with the deeper for now.

MissNine

I've read this a few times, but honestly, Missnine, I cannot say I had the same experience. When I get spirits coming to me, I either see them, hear them or smell them. I sometimes can feel spirits too--because they may reach out and touch me--which sometimes does give me goosebumps, but I don't recall ever having had my body pushed backwards. I'm not saying it can't happen--I just don't recall having that experience myself.

Did the messages you received fit with what your friends mother would have said? Was it anything that could be proven to be correct?

Hi CN,
Nice seeing you back!

I wasn't pushed as in on the ground but more like something walked through me. Yes, my friend confirmed the message was something only between her and her mother. I was floored. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, as messages are coming more often to me. I don't ever see spirits, but the energy in my visions in my head carry a different feel than daydreams or my own thoughts.

MissNine

I had an experience tonight. I was asking for a message from my grandmother - 42 years gone from this life. I've never done this and thought I'd try something new. I felt edgy and was literally shaking while cleansing the area and asking for communication so I was hesitant about drawing. Finally I stopped shuffling and took the first card. The Devil.

I had to grab a magnet to lay on my chest. Energy was too much. I stared and sat quiet for a few minutes waiting for something but nothing happened. I did not want to draw another card but I left that card out.

Just then I got a call from my daughter saying her dog had just attacked a friend sending her to the hospital and now my daughter has to put her dog down.

Coincidence? S
omething telling me not to mess around? Interruption?

Whatever it was (or wasn't) I'm a little wary of delving into this kind of communication right now. I'm too new. I've been enjoying accurate reads for myself and friends on an earthly level. I will tread lightly with the deeper for now.
Wow! That does sound way too much! So sorry that happened. I wouldn't want to have that happen again either!

I need to read up on spirit guides and how to protect myself.

Thank you for sharing this. Good reminder why it's important to be protected.

palmandal

Maybe you could post what/where you find info for protection? I'll be reading up on that, too, and it will be really helpful to know what you/others know.
Thanks

MissNine

Maybe you could post what/where you find info for protection? I'll be reading up on that, too, and it will be really helpful to know what you/others know.
Thanks

Not sure when I'll have time, but I promise to follow up when I do :)

celticnoodle

grounding and protection are always important if you are trying to communicate with spirits, IMHO.

For protection, I do a few different things. My favorite protection is to close my eyes and imagine a white light coming from the heavens and pouring down over me. It covers my head and shoulders and all the way down to my feet. I imagine myself being in this protective light and it goes a bit beyond my body as well, as if I am in an egg. Nothing can penetrate this 'shell' of light to harm me.

I also pray to Archangel Michael and ask him and my guardian angels to protect me from all harm.

For grounding, I like to have my feet planted firmly on the floor and imagine roots growing out of the soles of my feet, and going down deep into the ground.

Eating is also a great way to ground yourself. Eat things that are from the ground--root vegetables for instance is a great way to ground yourself, drinking milk, or eating anything made with these items.

After a reading, if you feel the energy is still around, take a shower and imagine the water cleansing the energy off of you and sending it down the drain, deep into the earth to be cleansed as well.

here are a few sites you can check out on this too:

https://wildflowerpara.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/basic-psychic-defense-how-to-ground-center-shield/

http://www.rescuemediums.com/grounding-and-protection.php

http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/archive/first_steps_in_psychic_development/grounding_protecting.htm

there are also many threads here on AT about ways to ground, center yourself and protection--but not sure you can access it w/o being a paying member--

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177838&highlight=protecting

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=156190

your best bet, if you do not want to become a full member here on A.T. would be to google these techniques and reading up on it. Then finding what works best for you and making it a practice to do this before doing any reading at all, especially mediumship readings.

MissNine

Thanks Celticnoodle, for this wonderful information. I really need to take better care of myself. Not all spirits are friendly. I've experienced one that left me with a bad dream one night. He piggybacked onto my my great aunt's spirit.

Not having that happen again!