Mixed propetic messages in dreams- how can I get them to be clearer?

SweetSiren

So for the last year, every few dreams or so tell me of things to come- but the details are mixed in with so many other things, that I have no idea how to tell what exactly is going to come, and what is just a regular dream. They are naturally getting clearer without any effort on my part, but I'm not sure if you guys have any techniques to tell which dreams are prophetic/come with a message and what dreams aren't.

For example: I had a dream one night that our dogs mated, but the female didn't get pregnant. The next day they mated, but a few weeks later, we found out we were having pups.

The other night, I had a dream about someone I hadn't spoken to in YEARS. He was wearing a suit and asked me out on a formal date. Just a few days later, I see a message from him (he just got a facebook), and in his profile picture he was wearing the suit I saw in my dream. He invited me out, but it wasn't in the romantic sense like it was implied in my slumber.

So, those are just examples of the kinds of dreams I have. This is all REALLY new to me and no one really believes me when I tell them (well these sorts of dreams aren't new, but taking them more seriously is). As I'm dreaming, it all feels like a regular old dream so I don't look into any of them much. But then something happens and I'm totally freaked!

RiverRunsDeep

Hi Sweet Siren,

To determine which dreams are prophetic:
Have you tried to keep a dream journal? It may take a little time, but after some consistent journaling, you may start to see patterns or symbols that are evident in your dreams if they are prophetic in nature.

To help make prophetic dreams clearer, I usually do one of the following things:
I sleep with a crystal near the head of my bed that is associated with dreams, prophecy, or spiritual guidance (usually an amethyst, lapis lazuli, sodalite, aqua aura crystal). I sometimes meditate on the High Priestess card, or another Major Arcana that represents an issue I want to dream about, then keep it near the head of my bed while I sleep. Also, are you familiar with Reiki? Some of my best prophetic dreams happen after I've given myself a Reiki treatment before falling asleep.

These are just some of my thoughts. Good luck with your dreamwork! :)

danieljuk

RiverRunsDeep has great tips there!

Crystals and how you sleep and herbs can change your routine. So you can set up an environment that really makes you dream well.

Secondly you can train yourself when you sleep to remember dreams and have clearer dreams. I haven't been able to master this personally but you can find if you search online, many tips on how you train yourself to have deeper dreams but also remember them. It's a gradual training process. You can quite easily train yourself though to wake up and turn to a dream journal (just keep a notebook and pen by your bedside). You must write down anything that happens in the night as soon as you wake up! after that you start to lose clarity :( some people can get all that and more dream clarity just from a crystal that works for them by them or under the pillow.

Whilst I have had dreams about future events and dreams that have helped me, I have noticed they are not consistent. They mostly don't happen for me and just seem to come when I need to hear what they are saying. But experience with your dreams makes them clearer for sure :)