Gorgon's Tarot Out @ Last!

rylla

I'm still waiting for mine. Monumental size? Hurrraaaa!!

dolores666

Monuments

Dear Ryla,
I DO like a happy bunny. Delighted to see that the g-normous size doesn't bother you, on the contrary.
I hope you enjoy the deck.

FLizarraga

Dear FLiz,
Here be the extract from the booklet re. my Hermit. I hope you don't mind that I quote myself. :)

Finding herself at a critical crossroads, she has retired to her austerely well-appointed cave in the tranquil desert to have a good hard look at herself, her life and the path that may lie ahead. She is her own teacher, for nobody else can do that work for her. She will have to be both sensei and chela. She will examine her motives and her desires, her principles and values. To see where she needs to go next, she will ponder cause, effect and possibilities. Perfectly content with the task in hand, in harmonious agreement with The Necessity, she retains a sense of ironic detachment -not to mention a sense of humor and the knack of not taking herself excessively seriously, much to her familiars' great relief and amusement.
Traditional meanings: Wisdom. Inner teacher. Spiritual retreat. At ease with oneself. At ease with being on our own.
Reversed: Misanthropy. Superficiality. Insularity. Barren isolation (splendid or otherwise).

Hope this helps.

I just read the text (beautiful, by the way :)) and went back to look at the card, because it still didn't explain why there were two women sitting together contentedly... And guess what? I was looking at it all wrong! There's nobody else, of course. She's holding a mirror at herself, and her own reflection is winking at her! I finally saw the light! :D

dolores666

Lights

Dear FLiz,
Hurrah! + :) + ;-0 ! And thanks for the compliment about the text.
Actually, her reflection is winking at the little rat, who along with her cousins is dead curious and is trying to see what all that introspection caper is all about. "Me too! Me too!" they cry.
Salut!

truelighth

Dear Truelight,
You must forgive my doppey mind and godawful memory, but where else have we met other than here at this forum?
Anyways, thanks for the congtats & all that. I'm totally delighted that you're happy with the deck in spite of its monumental size. (It worries me that some folks will find it not easy to handle at all, see?)
However, it would seem that Shiffer are willing to bring out a smaller version, so that'd shut me up. :)
Stay wonderful and have fun.

Dear Dolores,

You have heared of me before, indeed. I have been so in love with your deck, I think I contacted you about it before, asking if it would be published and I most definitely have left messages at your website. I absolutely adore it. So that is where you know me from ;).

And good news about the smaller size. I probably get one of those too. I actually got 2 copies straight away. I always do that with decks I absolutely love. But there are not many that qualify :)

FLizarraga

I got mine two days ago, and I LOVE it. I even edged it in black.

Now, about shuffling. There are actually three things that conspire against smooth shuffling: size (including height; the cards are thick), shape, and sticky Schiffer cardstock. I have very big hands, and I'm shuffling it the way strings of life showed --which is by far the easiest--, but still I had to wax the cards.

Waxing tends to leave streaks across the face of the cards (especially cards this black) even when you do it gently, but it's less jarring to my allergies than fanning powder. It has made a big difference. Still too thick to shuffle easily, though.

PathWalker

It's here, the smaqll Gorgons!!!!!!!

Today I got an unexpected package, with no box or note, a 4 1/2 inch diameter Gorgon's Tarot in shrinkwrap dropped through my letter box!

It's still thick as a brick mind you, but I can et my hands round it now to shuffle.

So if you have a huge one you can' use, get in touch with Schiffer, there is hope....

desertrat

Wait! What?

PW,
How do you order it? Do you have to go through Schiffer or can you get it from any online bookseller (ie, Amazon)? Nevermind, I will figure it out. ;)

Oh, awesome news, BTW! :D

PathWalker

I've no idea!
I wrote ages ago - when I first got the deck actually, to complain about the size. I was quite outspoken.

They told me by email that there would be a smaller print run, but I have no idea if this will replace the large ones, or what.

I offered to send my large ones back in exchange, but these have been sent to me free of charge. It's just the shrink wrapped cards, no packaging - they wouldn't fit well in the current large package they market them in, so I don't know what they will do. I know Dolores has since made it clear that the large size of the original print is a mistake, it is not what she agreed.

You could try contacting them - persevere, they were bad at replying to begin with - and seeing how you can get a smaller version, but I'm afraid I don't know any more. They are great at that smaller size they remain as thick as the first deck but I can get my hands round them now.

Good luck and let us know if you have success :)

rwcarter

A friend gave me her Gorgon's and it is a huge deck. I can just barely shuffle the cards together. It's definitely the width of the cards and not the thickness cause I can shuffle 4 decks of playing cards together no problem. (I can also shuffle a double deck Transparent Tarot no problem.)

Rodney