Different decks for different needs?

raventepes

I actually have a deck that symbolizes each card of the Major Arcana, and 6 more decks that symbolize the elements (Or more to the point, the suits), Yin, and Yang (light and dark/ male and female). I also have a couple workhorse decks for general readings, which I've grown to understand that are spot on accurate.

nisaba

I actually have a deck that symbolizes each card of the Major Arcana,
What do you mean by this? That they have other cards to stand in for the Major arcana cards, symbolising them?

and 6 more decks that symbolize the elements (Or more to the point, the suits),
<smile> Any deck that has the suits named anything other than Earth, Water, Air and Fire already does that. Again, what is your particular understanding of the term?

starla

I definitely use different decks for different purposes, or to suit different moods. At the moment, for everyday readings, I'm tending towards my Radiant RW.
I have just bought the Thoth after about fifteen years of dithering and am hoping that will help me on more magical and spiritual matters.
When reading for other people I like to use decks that I'm confident with - decks that enable me to give clear answer. In which case, I might use something like Gilded, or even my Marseille which did me well for a number of years before expanding my collection.
When working on my writing, I use any number of decks which resonate with the story I'm trying to tell.

Morwenna

Since most of my decks are RWS-based, I don't think of the decks as relating to the type of reading, but rather to the atmosphere at the time, either the season or weather, or to the events going on at the time. If I'm at a medieval- or Renaissance-type event, these days I'm likely to bring decks that look the part, so to speak (unlike my previous reading sessions at Renaissance fairs). Otherwise I'm more likely to choose a deck that feels right for the season, unless I cop out and go for my usual handful of workhorses, or I'm getting to know a new deck.