De-Enabling Thread

AJ

That is an Alchemical symbol

TheStarsAndTheMoon

The gilded tarot was my first deck. I gave it away. I didn't connect with it and a lot of the artwork just didn't work for me. Also the fool looks like former president George Bush. Ugh! The only card out of that deck I truly liked the aesthetics of was the death card.

Nica

Here's some de-enabling.....Strength card, Is that water spurting from the womans breasts? Why exactly? Looks like the lion is copping some of it and is not happy. This deck reminds me of Monty Python, you know, those ridiculous collages of art that moved about onscreen to half heard utterances undecipherable. I would assume the death card is a giant foot.
Nuff said.

Wow, you're good! I have been de-enabled.

Thanks also, TheStarsAndTheMoon. I think I'm taking it off my wishlist now.

starla

William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination

Hi,
I've been on a deck buying spree the last week after a long hiatus. This, The William Blake, has been on my wishlist for many years and I'm sorely tempted. But it's the summer with not much in the way of work on the go, and I need to save money! Please, someone tell me this is a totally awful deck and to stay away.

Starla
x

sabrina77

Sigh. I really want the Tyldwick tarot but I can't spend that much at the moment. For some reason I can't stop thinking about it though.

FLizarraga

Sigh. I really want the Tyldwick tarot but I can't spend that much at the moment. For some reason I can't stop thinking about it though.

I'll just repeat what I wrote before in this very thread:

This one is tough. Everything good that has been said here about it is true. It is still probably THE most beautiful deck I have ever seen. It is magnificent.

Now, there is the matter of readability. I wouldn't say that the Tyldwick is an unreadable deck, not exactly. It's just... distant, remote, reticent. It's hard to get a word out of it. I have managed to squeeze some good readings out of it, but NEVER a straight answer. The AT friend I got it from says she had the exact same problem, and that's why she sold it in the end.

It's like having a shellshocked Siamese cat. You adore her, you feed her, you watch her slink regally from one room to another. She may even allow you to pet her, after a few years. But she will never purr under your hand, or even cuddle next to you of her own accord.

And there's the matter of the pain. The house might be empty and neglected, but it's haunted. People have died there, and they died terrible deaths. Nothing as crass as murder, of course, although at least one of them committed suicide. They simply... died of suffering. That suffering pervades those lovely, crumbling walls. It will seep through your fingertips, and make you want to touch those beautiful cards less and less.

If that sounds like something you can live with, then by all means, get it --or wait till I or some other member passes it on, like the Bottle Imp. Otherwise. Stay. The. Hell. Away.

sabrina77

That actually makes me want it more. Not sure what that says about me. Lol

sabrina77

You may be on to something. Haha

FLizarraga

You may be on to something. Haha

Trust me, it's VERY hard to de-enable anybody about this deck. It's so... everything. And yet, and yet...

Well, one thing is for sure: it's NOT a warm and fuzzy deck.