Illuminati. Too intense?

Sasmi

I've just read someone complaining on another group that they are finding the Illuminati tarot too intense to read with. They find that the colour and detail are too much and make reading them impossible. May I ask what the experiences are on here, as this is next on my to buy list. Thank you.

Richard

The artist is quite talented, but sometimes the main subject gets sort of lost in the maze of ornamentation and background details. For example, the Prince of Swords is supposed to be a man on a horse. It took me a while to find the horse amidst all the other stuff. At first I thought the man had one unusually long leg, but it turned out to be a horse's leg. It's fun to look for secondary details, but they should not obscure the primary subject of the image. I think I'll pass on this deck. However, it might be just the thing for those who like lots of busyness in images. It is certainly an elegant, carefully executed set of pictures.

Linfang

I like busy decks, so the Illuminati is just my cup of tea. But I can see why people call the cards too intense, there is a visual overload in many of them.

I usually do a one-card or max three-card-reading with the Illuminati. I take my time to contemplate each card and every time it seems I discover some new details. In this way it works beautiful for me. But I could not imagine doing for example a celtic cross with this deck. For more complex spreads I prefer clear decks, like RWS or Wild Unknown.

If you have seen pictures of this deck only online I think it is difficult to judge whether you will like it or not. For me, I did not like the deck at all when I first saw some cards on my computer. Reading many positive reviews here on AT I took the chance and ordered it - turned out I loved the real thing.

RunningWild

I used this deck nearly exclusively for a full year. It read beautifully.

foolMoon

This deck is a bit intense side, and Giant version would make it far more readable. I love the back and the gilded thick stock.

Le Fanu

I can understand those who find it too "busy" but I'm just not like that.

I also like decks with detail and, in terms of the reading experience with this deck, I quite like the sense of feeling "overwhelmed."

It is in that intoxicating dizziness that I find meaning.

Of course a big version would be most welcome!

Sar

This deck is a bit intense side, and Giant version would make it far more readable. I love the back and the gilded thick stock.

There is a giant version??

foolMoon

There is a giant version??

No I don't believe there is one yet, but I meant if it did exist ….. My wishful thinking :D

There might be one in the future who knows :)

Sar

No I don't believe there is one yet, but I meant if it did exist ….. My wishful thinking :D

There might be one in the future who knows :)

My wishful thinking too.