Gorgon's Tarot Out @ Last!

PathWalker

You did create a thing of wonderous beauty - thank you for that, truly x

dolores666

Creatures

PathWalker, oh woman with chalk in her heart! Thankyou.thankyou, thankyou.
I hope I'll never get blasee about this fuzzy feeling I get from receiving praise for my babies.
:)
PS. All that chalk... Do you live in Wiltshire, by any chance?

FLizarraga

FLizarranga. Thanks for the nice words re. the deck and the specific compliments for my 10 of Wands. I’ll let the girl featured in it know. I’m sure she’ll be pleased. As for the un-hermity Hermit … have a quick read at the bit in the booklet. If that still doesn’t cut the mustard for you, come back and I’ll see what I can do.

Well, I haven't bought it, really. It was more of a direct question, to you or to anybody who has read the LWB.

As for the 10 of Wands Girl, I'm sure she's lovely, but I was actually complimenting the artist, so don't be shy... :)

PathWalker

PathWalker, oh woman with chalk in her heart! Thankyou.thankyou, thankyou.
I hope I'll never get blasee about this fuzzy feeling I get from receiving praise for my babies.
:)
PS. All that chalk... Do you live in Wiltshire, by any chance?

Sadly no. I was born in a town on chalk, with a ley line running through it, barrows on the heath, and a chalk cave under the High Street. Now I live (comparatively) far away in the west, where the earth is red/brown, where rivers are muddy, and the fields turn to clay quagmires in the winter.

But I am always on chalk in my heart :heart:

PathWalker

I have had a reply from Schiffer. They say they are printing a 4 1/2 inch version for folks that want one. I've no idea how they're going to market that, but worth contacting them I should think...

Hooray!

truelighth

Dolores, it is so wonderful to see you here on the forum. I first wanted to say I am so happy your deck finally got published! It deserves it, it truly does! :thumbsup: I had been hoping for that for years already.

About the size, yeah, it sure is a supersize. But from what I read, that was not what you wanted either. Such a pity. But I am still going to treasure it, even if it is big. I wanted your deck for so long already, that even the big size doesn't matter to me :D.

dolores666

Un-Hermity Hermits

Dear FLiz,
Here be the extract from the booklet re. my Hermit. I hope you don't mind that I quote myself. :)

Finding herself at a critical crossroads, she has retired to her austerely well-appointed cave in the tranquil desert to have a good hard look at herself, her life and the path that may lie ahead. She is her own teacher, for nobody else can do that work for her. She will have to be both sensei and chela. She will examine her motives and her desires, her principles and values. To see where she needs to go next, she will ponder cause, effect and possibilities. Perfectly content with the task in hand, in harmonious agreement with The Necessity, she retains a sense of ironic detachment -not to mention a sense of humor and the knack of not taking herself excessively seriously, much to her familiars' great relief and amusement.
Traditional meanings: Wisdom. Inner teacher. Spiritual retreat. At ease with oneself. At ease with being on our own.
Reversed: Misanthropy. Superficiality. Insularity. Barren isolation (splendid or otherwise).

Hope this helps.

dolores666

Mud in your eye!

Dear PathWalker,
Never mind the brown soil (tends to be very fertile in any case) and muddy rivers. Chalk is where the heart is. ;-)
Stay groovy anywhere you are.

dolores666

Xtras?

Stop press for the ChalkyHearted Woman.
You actually got a reply from Shiff's? You lucky girl!
As for the new/alternative 4.5' deck...I haven't heard a dicky bird from them. I'll write to Pete S. see how things stand. If it's true, then I'm a happy bunny.
Salut.

dolores666

Size Matters

Dear Truelight,
You must forgive my doppey mind and godawful memory, but where else have we met other than here at this forum?
Anyways, thanks for the congtats & all that. I'm totally delighted that you're happy with the deck in spite of its monumental size. (It worries me that some folks will find it not easy to handle at all, see?)
However, it would seem that Shiffer are willing to bring out a smaller version, so that'd shut me up. :)
Stay wonderful and have fun.