Decks worn with time

MysticMoonlight

My decks are in pretty good shape at this point and time but I do look forward to putting the miles on them during my lifetime though :) I just had to stop in to say, wow! Love seeing the pics of these very, very well loved decks! How beautiful to imagine all the stories they hold!

Le Fanu

Oh and here's my smoothed down Balbi, so shuffled that the colour has worn down to white.

Attachments

• Balbi.jpg
    Balbi.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 352

magpie9

Delightful thread! I have a really worn and bent Hoi Polloi....I'll try to remember just where it is, and in what bag...I also have a Buckland Romani that I once traded away only to ask for it's return because my trade partner called it a "workhorse" and said she'd never seen anything so worn. I wasn't happy with the deck she sent either--it didn't do it for me in person. So we traded back and are living happily ever after, still friends.

I didn't think the Romani was THAT worn.....I'll look around for it, too.

Debra, you've got the best collection of worn decks, ever!
i don't see how anyone can read with that Haindl....it's random spots and smears at this point.

Lovely Balbi, le Fanu.
I predict that worn decks are about to come into fashion, bigtime.

Le Fanu

I predict that worn decks are about to come into fashion, bigtime.
I suppose the more people flit, the more desirable a worn deck becomes by dint of its relative rarity. Most decks don't get chance to become worn I suspect. Plus those laminations.

I have some others - must photograph by daylight - the ones I posted just happen to be on my computer. My favourite one is a Lenormand - my Destroyed Dondorf -but most people have seen that, plus wrong thread....

velvetina

I don't know how to post photographs here (perhaps because my paid membership has lapsed?) but my beloved, first deck (Rider Waite) is ink-stained, guinea-pig-nibbled, a bit filthy really.

I've had this deck for 33 years! You can see faint traces of pencil where I wrote key words, I an just about make out 'imagination' on the Page of Cups.

I did put a rubbish photo on Facebook, taken on my 'phone & prompted by this post, but it doesn't really convey the texture, the creases, the appearance and the scent of the actual deck.

Nica

Here is a worn out Kat Black Golden Tarot:

http://i57.tinypic.com/6ixyes.jpg

I have no personal connection to it. Found it on Tumblr; the person said that it was someone hustling readings in a parking lot. Notice the Deviant Moon being pulled out of or held by his pocket in like new condition. That Golden Tarot has seen some mileage!

Annabelle

Attached are some photos of the old, well-worn Morgan-Greer tarot that I was describing back in post #11.

It was this worn when I purchased it (via eBay, quite a few years ago). The cards are wonderfully soft.

Attachments

• MorganGreer_windowsill.jpg
    MorganGreer_windowsill.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 296
  • MorganGreer_3.jpg
    MorganGreer_3.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 289
  • MorganGreer_4.jpg
    MorganGreer_4.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 258
  • MorganGreer_Backs.jpg
    MorganGreer_Backs.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 258
  • MorganGreer_2.jpg
    MorganGreer_2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 243

Nica

@Annabelle,

That is such a beautiful deck! The black lines are actually suitable for it. Very nice!

Thank you for sharing these photos. I quite enjoyed them.

Annabelle

Oh and here's my smoothed down Balbi, so shuffled that the colour has worn down to white.

Impressive and beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us :).