IF there were NO more decks...ever...

greatdane

could you be happy with what you have or would you long for more?

RIGHT NOW, if there was no other way to get another deck ever, and everyone just had the collection they had, who would be ok with that and who really wouldn't?

I am satisfied with what I have. Yes, I am looking forward to a deck or two, but they're Lenormand, not tarot and would I be miserable without them knowing what I have is what I have? Nope.

If I were sent to another planet with just what I now have, I would be fine with that.

If you wouldn't be, what is the ONE deck you would likely pine for you don't already have?

Aeric

I'd get used to the ones I have, and probably devote more time to my lesser used ones than time and money spent on new ones. In addition to reading, there's also meditation, just looking at the art, journaling, and books, so there's plenty to keep me occupied in the world of Tarot.

Fortunately, the one deck I pine for is one that hasn't been yet created: a Pam-A Crackle back RWS repro. I think I've got several years before such a deck emerges.

jolie_amethyst

I think I'd mostly be satisfied. Tyldwick might be the one exception that I'd mourn...but it might not, since I still waffle on that one every couple of days and haven't convinced myself to try it out even when I've had the money available to get it.

I know my tiny collection will never rival even the small-medium sized ones here, and I'm OK with that. I'm already at a point where I see way more decks that I don't want than decks that I want even a little. The list of what I want a LOT is very small indeed, and I suspect that if I never get them, it probably won't be something I really regret.

GoldenWolf

For the most part, I would be satisfied. I'd probably have an odd wish for something now and then. For example, I'd like a physical copy of the Ellis deck, but I do have the iPhone app already.

So, yes, I'd probably just work with my favorites on a deeper level and also work through the ones I have that I haven't yet tried. Participating in the deck of the week group has helped at least initially try decks that just sat in my collection, but I still have a number I haven't gotten to yet.

There are quite a few I'd like to give another shot to. After all, if I can't acquire any new ones, I'd feel I would really need to be sure a deck wasn't my cup of tea before I gave it up.

There are others that I'd like to study more in depth such as the Thoth, the Rosetta, and the Navigators of the Mystic Sea, even the RWS, to name a few. So I certainly wouldn't get bored if all I had was my current collection. I'd just dive deeper into what I had most likely.

ravynangel

deleted :)

freyaisunavailable

It's hard to imagine such a scenario!
I truly have all of my dream decks, though. I am still stunned that I recently found the Carnivale of Venice Tarot for a reasonable price, which I have been pining after for at least a decade but never seen available.
And then I more recently fell in love with the Tarot of the Origins and thought it was out of reach but managed to get it. I feel very lucky and content with my current collection! It is really arrogant of me to continue to acquire more, but here I go!

I think I'd mostly be satisfied. Tyldwick might be the one exception that I'd mourn...but it might not, since I still waffle on that one every couple of days and haven't convinced myself to try it out even when I've had the money available to get it.
Jolie, get it! I waffled for quite a while about the Tyldwick, too. Now that it has arrived and I've looked at it in person, I'd say it's probably the most powerful deck I have looked at, for me, since the Greenwood -- although they are not similar.
I just got it recently and have not used it yet, I am still digesting all of the images. I feel like that deck is just thrumming with magic.

greatdane

It's really interesting reading others responses!

From what I am reading here, most would not see it as affecting their love of the fine art of tarot? I really would be happy with what I now have. There isn't one tarot deck in print, out of print or upcoming I even have on my radar.

Watching for, and occasionally getting, new decks is enjoyable, but really when I look at how I view tarot or Lenormand or oracles, I could be totally content with what I have and as others have said, I would just likely delve even deeper and use the ones I have more.

I was expecting a flurry of posts saying NOOOOO! That would be the worst thing ever! No more decks? So it is interesting seeing so many others like myself being pretty darn content with what they have.

Nica

@freyaisunavailable I am *still* looking for Carnevale Tarot, but I gave up on it in truth. I feel that deck is not meant to be in my collection.
-----

I have everything I want. In fact I have more than I want. I am going to sell a good percentage of my collection over the summer just because it really is too much for me. However, if I had no other alternative to get more decks ever, I'd be happy.

I made a new wishlist this week of decks I will trade for ones I own, but even then until I sell some I won't be purchasing new ones anymore.

Myrrha

What makes me want a new deck is usually some shift of my inner compass toward a different aesthetic or a different way of reading, or a new curiosity about some mythological or spiritual idea. I have no reason to think such shifts will stop occurring so I will probably keep wanting, not *more* decks but different ones to read with for a while.

Myrrha

Double post- sorry