IF there were NO more decks...ever...

rylla

I'd be happy with what I have FOR A WHILE. At least I'd pay more attention to what I have.
But in the long run? No, no way. Searching for a new deck it's just too much fun.

linnie

I don't need any more. I have only a handful left after being gifted with The Greenwood. Most others felt redundant, and I wanted to share the joy of passing decks forward. It was fun.. :)

In truth, having discovered them two years ago, I am, nowadays, more focused on the pursuit of beautifully voiced Native American Style flutes.

I'd be aware of the impact that no new decks would have on those who hang out regularly for their new deck, but, yes, it would make most people more aware of their good fortune in already owning some :) I expect the trade train would go bezerk, as people jostled to trade the ones they didn't really need after all for the ones that they really did yearn for...

I am very grateful that Greenwood found me, though, as I am satiated, and I hope everyone finds their one special deck... THE one... :)

Annabelle

I would be completely satisfied with the collection I have now. If there were no more new decks to buy . . . well, I'd have more to spend on improving my wardrobe and traveling more widely.

Onyx

NO! NOT OKAY!

I can see the world of decks as it is now and say that I am okay with those that I have and don't have.

But none, zero, ever? No!

One thing I love about decks is the creativity that comes with each new one. I may not love every deck but I have not seen a deck where there wasn't at least one card I liked.

It is such a blast to see all the crowd-sourced decks that are coming out and I love being part of the process.

Yes I have enough decks that I love to make it through any deck apocalypse but it would be a bit like saying "If there were no more books ever, would you be okay with it?" I have enough to read but I want more and more options in the future.

So vehemently in the camp that I would be very upset if there weren't any more tarot decks.

Onyx.

devilkitty

Can't entirely say I would, but I know my wallet (and Mrs Devilkitty) would be happy.

truelighth

The ones I would be pining for are the ones I am pining for now too, because they haven't been published yet. Namely the Phantomwise Tarot and the Mad Little Cows Tarot. And the Tabula Mundi Tarot, even though that one isn't even finished. I so want these!

Morwenna

That's the way I feel about the Sickly!

Hooked on TdM

The only deck I would love to own is a small version of Cary Yale Visconti.. which doesn't exist. I'd also want the images cleaned up a bit so it's more readable. Other then that I have what I need. The rest is just candy for me. ��

Viridian

The ones I would be pining for are the ones I am pining for now too, because they haven't been published yet. Namely the Phantomwise Tarot and the Mad Little Cows Tarot. And the Tabula Mundi Tarot, even though that one isn't even finished. I so want these!

Ah the Phantomwise Tarot! I pine for that too.

I would definitely miss the thrill of finding a new deck, getting exited about it and ordering it. It's just fun.

I do however have enough decks to keep me occupied for a very long time so if there were no more decks ever I would still be perfectly content with the ones that I have.

NadaJ

This thread was such an enabler. The OP deserves Amazon commission. I don't consider myself a collector; in regards to tarot, I'm not interested - at this point - in OOP decks. But there were a few decks that caught my eye and instead of hemming and hawing, I ordered, lol. There is only one deck left that I would like to have, the Daniloff, but it's not rounded and I can't imagine spending that much for a deck that would be difficult to handle. Maybe a solution will present itself one day. Unless there are NO more decks...ever.