Decks you can´t connect to

Queen of Disks

I love a lot of the TdeMs , but can't connect to the minors. They just don't speak to me.

Same problem, all I get are wands, coins, etc...:rolleyes: :confused:

Wardi7

I've had several, mostly computer generated imagery (ie, Revelations). It just doesn't seem real to me. Never had any luck; don't like 'em and can't read 'em.

blackkat

I still have Shadowscapes and I still think it is utterly gorgeous but sadly it just has nothing to say to me either. I am still very fond of it. Maybe someday.

Oh, it is a beautiful deck.
She likes it though. And, I do have others.

Obsydian

Crow's Magick is the deck that just doesn't click for me. It's funny because that is the very first tarot deck I ever got years ago. I think I thought it looked cool or something. But, I never was able to connect with it. Even now that I've become much more comfortable with the tarot and can do readings, etc. That deck just tells me nothing! Maybe there is not enough imagery for me...or too many geometrical shapes more than anything, so I don't get any story, I don't get any feelings. And maybe because when I finally learned with the Universal Waite deck, it was revolving around people, so the abstract images and odd animals in the Crow's Magick just didn't sit the same with me. I'm not sure, but every once in a great while I'll take it out and start shuffling and looking and I'm just like "nope".

This was my first ever deck as well, bought it in a small shop. I'm glad it didn't turn me off of learning tarot though! I still have it, I just don't use it. Sometimes I pull it out to look at the pictures, and for some reason I remember the cards being much larger, like very long vertically. I think I was used to playing cards, so when I went back to it, I realized it was the same size of my other decks!

But yes, the images are hard to relate to, though I do love the animals upon it and I don't think I could ever give it away. It holds sentimental value, being my first.

fractalgranny

this is so interesting. different strokes for different folks. for me, the crow's magick was the one where i finally clicked with the tarot. before that it was - well, this is interesting stuff, let's try this, let's try that, cool - but that was it. the moment i opened crow's magick i went, "oh! i get it!" similarly, i connect really well to shadowscapes and like the thoth.

the langustl and i are not having a good time of it. i find it a bit threatening and depressive. then there is the new century tarot which just seems a bit superficial to me and therefore i have a hard time reading it. the dante tarot - i have a hunch there may be something there but i haven't gotten there yet. same with the amano tarot.

and then of course there are decks that i was a little lukewarm about first and which turned out to be wonderful friends: the cat's eye (moi? a CAT deck??!!) and the herbal tarot.

Myrrha

Also two angelic decks: Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of the Angels, and the Shining Angels Tarot.

The former is a mishmash of angel characters grafted onto RWS in a very haphazard fashion that puts the interpretations out of sync. One particular angel shows up in random cards making it very difficult to follow. I have never grown tired of a deck faster than I did this one.

I really enjoyed this deck while I had it. The interpretations in the LWB are useless and don't have much to do with the images. I found the images themselves added a lot to my readings going beyond standardized meanings. The images are very human for an angel deck, easy to understand what the characters in the deck were feeling.

A few decks that I do not connect well with:
Decks where there is a "right answer", a specific meaning to each symbol (as in esoteric decks) that you are supposed to repeat in the reading. Magickal Tarot, Golden Dawn decks, not sure yet if the Sevenfold Mystery will be in this category for me.

Rider-Waite clones and close cousins --I find that the standard meanings full my head and it is hard to get beyond them to anything else. Hanson-Roberts, Aquarian, even Tarot of the Cat People is a bit too close.

Tarot of the Mystical Cats did not work out for me. The pictures illustrate a meaning so directly that it is very easy to read. I loved it at first but then it seemed like the pictures only illustrate that particular meaning and I couldn't pull any other meaning out. The images are very concrete without anything enigmatic that can mean different things in response to different questions.

I know that all these decks I don't connect with are someone's favorites and I don't mean this at all as anything against the decks. People read in very different ways so different decks will suit us.

NadaJ

I've had several, mostly computer generated imagery (ie, Revelations). It just doesn't seem real to me. Never had any luck; don't like 'em and can't read 'em.

I'm starting to wonder if this my hang up too. My Revelations deck arrived a few days ago and after going through it once, it's now sitting at the bottom of the tarot shelf. Poor deck. I'll try again at some point.

Celtictarot

Dream Enchantress Tarot. Seen it on Daily Tarot girl's reads and thought it looked interesting. Couldn't connect to it, so I ended up gifting the deck away.

EightWands

Sadly can't really connect to the Chrysalis, as much as I want to. So many cards puzzle me, for instance why is "Merlin the MAGICIAN" the Fool? There's other cards that I also have trouble with. Overall A BEAUTIFUL deck, but one that is difficult for me.