The deck whose background u most want to visit

Dark Victory '39

O.k., so forget the characters, people, animals, whatever's in the foreground, and just concentrate on background for a moment. if you could be transported to that 'scape' which deck would you actually want to crawl inside?

Me, i think it would be Kissa, and the surreal folktale yet desert southwest-feel of its overlarge flowers and brooding purples; to me its like a primitive childhood security that i would love to still reach out and find. However, this is v. closely tied to another beloved cat deck where even if those bohemian cats and their silly fancy dress were wiped out, you would see the maze of gardens and staircases and fountains in the back, and i wouldn't mind taking a spin back there, as well.

And you?

Gulliver

Without any doubt: Prague. :D

Dark Victory '39

Gulliver

I actually am still kicking myself (and it hurts, yes it does) that five or so years ago I walked past a copy of t of prague in a 2nd hand shop for 45 bucks, and i didn't buy it. tarot just wasn't on my mind at the time, and i knew sort of what MRP was but not really. I'm a fool, i'm a fool, i'm a fool...which actually would make me at the beginning of a journey. Or just full of regular stupidity. But yes, me enjoying the cats, even if the cats suddenly got kicked out and had to squat, which would mean i'd be left w/? Ah glorious prague in the background.

Gulliver

Dark Victory

Sometimes one can have luck and can get it via ebay for less bucks than on amazon. I wished to get a copy of the book of the cats and suddenly I got it for a really good price. Don't worry, maybe soon you'll get your copy.

Yes, the cats' background shows Prague too. I think it's very magic (the cats' deck).

Metafizzypop

I'd love to walk into the Steampunk Tarot from John and Caitlin Matthews. That is one wild world.

I also wouldn't mind checking out the Zombie Tarot. But I have a hunch I wouldn't want to stay there very long.

nisaba

O.k., so forget the characters, people, animals, whatever's in the foreground, and just concentrate on background for a moment. if you could be transported to that 'scape' which deck would you actually want to crawl inside?

I would lo-o-ove to live in the world of the Granny Jones backgrounds. Warm, homely, slightly wonky and off-balance - bliss. One day when I have some financial resources again I'm going travelling to see the Death card (Wales) and the Four Cups and the Star (Tasmania). I particularly want to walk through Richmond, Tasmania, to identify the exact vantage-points where you get those two views of the bridge and the church.

Annabelle

Easy question! I want to visit Prague, as seen in the Tarot of Prague from Magical Realist Press. :cool2:

journeyinghome

What a great question! Although Dark Victory will probably already know my answer :) It has to be the Journey Into Egypt deck for me. Love the deck, love the history, love the background, love everything about it. If I could step into it, I would :) There's such richness and variety too, from the desert to the lush surroundings of the pyramids.