How do I tell what deck I have?

TessaMae

I bought a second hand deck from a yard sale just to get to know the cards. There was no information with the cards. I have cleansed the cards and have made them my own but am now curious the name of the deck. Is it Rider-Waite (The artwork is something like that) and if it is what Rider-Waite deck is it? If I can pinpoint the deck then maybe I can find out more about it that will help me understand what I'm reading...I am confused lol
Thanks and I hope I didn't confuse you too.
Tessa

HeatherRose

Have you looked through the decks here on AT...they are listed alphabetically I believe and it may take you awhile to go through them, but it's worth a shot.

Or even do a Google search of images with Rider Waite as the keyword, or other words like tarot decks and check the pics to see if they match?

Maybe take them to a metaphysical store or new age place in your area and ask.

Or check out Amazon.

Post a pic here, I'm sure someone would know it considering there are so many people here with so many decks!

Just a few suggestions. :)

Luna-Ocean

As you learn more about the Rider waite cards you will discover the many varieties available, some have been re-coloured and there are also clones that look like the original RW.

You can view most of these RW editions on AT, by clicking on Tarot decks

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Post a pic here, I'm sure someone would know it considering there are so many people here with so many decks!
Only Subscribers may attach items to their posts, but you're welcome to upload an image to a picture hosting site and then link to it in this thread.

Anyone who's interested in learning more about becoming a Subscriber can click Upgrade & support us too!

TessaMae

Thanks

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I can't wait to see what I figure out!!!

Luna-Ocean

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I can't wait to see what I figure out!!!

Yes please do tell us what you had found its always nice to see what's in everyone's collection, if you go on ebay you could find some rare Rider waite editions you can expect to pay a lot more for these OOP copies?

TessaMae

That was easy to find :)

I looked at my fool card and did a search for the fool with a butterfly. My deck is the Beginner's Guide to Tarot
Also known as Sharman-Caselli Tarot, Caselli Tarot.
I actually found a picture of my fool card on Google that was linked to Aeclectic Tarot.

Thanks for all the insight you gave me!

Tessa

Disa

If I'm not mistaken, the Sharman-Caselli Tarot has a really good book that goes along with it. I gave mine away a couple of years ago, so I can't look at it. I think that's a really good beginner's deck (though I didn't see specifically that you are a beginner).