Dismayed

Dexter

Well I finally found time to work with the Faeries' Oracle. I picked the card that appealed to me the most as advised and not knowing anything about the cards I picked Gloominous Doom and then the card that I was least comfortable with and I picked up Luathas the Wild. Then the next exercise where I turned all the cards face down and ran my hands over them. Well I picked my card and it was Indi. Then I read the descriptions in the book for each card and I agree with Brian Froud, Indi is not a good card for a Libra which I am. Well I really think this has not got off to a good start. I thought about the reasons I picked the first two cards and Gloominous Doom just seemed so sad looking that I wanted to pick him up and give him a hug and Luathas kind of scares me I really don't think I'm ready for him. And then Indi boy is he correct. Me who was always decisive the maker of decisions in a split second and knowing exactly what needed to be done and how to handle it. Now floundering constantly and feeling totally out of balance. You who have read some of my other posts realize the difficulty I have been having going thorugh menopause and I guess the Faeries know too.

Dexter

Nevada

Dexter, don't despair ...

I too found Gloominous Doom attractive, and still think he just needs more hugs. :) I'm a little afraid of Luathas the Wild, though less so now than when I first encountered him.

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11607

and these two as well:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2483
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2642

There are no wrong cards to choose as your least or most favorite, or as your guide. All of the cards have their positive and negative attributes, as do the faeries they represent. As do we all.

I'm a Libra too, and I also like Indi. I understand him, he understands me. Without understanding where are we?

If you only look at the book meanings you miss out on a lot that you can get from working with the Fae. (I say this, but also like Jesa Macbeth's writing very much and find the book of great value in addition to my own communing with faeries.)

Sit down with the cards you've chosen, relax with each one and ask the faeries what it will teach you. Listen. You may not find the answer right away, but you'll find it. Perhaps a few days from now you'll be focused on something else entirely and suddenly realize the answer.

Nevada

Imagemaker

Just to say, I'm a Libra too. Hmmm.

Aura Wolf

Gloominous Doom was my least appealing :)

I'm sure things will get easier with time.

Island Dreamer

Hello Dexter,

I've encountered both Gloominous Doom and Luathas the Wild in recent daily FO card draws.

Although I feel that Luathas does have a wild scary 'fiery' aura to him, it's good to remember that fire can be controlled for beneficial purposes. Compare the controlled fire of a blacksmith's forge, producing horseshoes and blades, with the uncontrolled blaze of a forest fire. I feel his appearance is a 'heads up' - warning that there's lots of raw fire around but it needs to be properly handled ;) or you might get burnt.

Island Dreamer

sagitarian

Luthas the wild to me is the personality trait of a child who is presistent, jumping up and down anxiously while begging their parents "mommy can i go on the roller coast again please please please please?" and while on the roller coaster, he's hopping his bottom up and down yelling out "FAster FAster Faster Faster" with his hands up. He likes a wild ride, and is spontaneous. Usually he has a message telling me "buckle in, you're going on a ride, and in the end, you'll love it and want to do it again". Sometimes he's right, and othertimes, i'm glad for the experience, but whow, not again, no thank you.

Gloominous Doom seems to be the exact opposite of this. He's, well...Gloomy. He sometimes reminds me of eyeore, and although i find eyeore to be halarious, if i had a friend that acted like eyeore, i don't think we would be friends for very long. I love to go out and enjoy my life, to live, and have a lot of fun doing so. I love to have friends with me, but I think that a friend like Gloominous Doom would always drag me down, and I would have to "pull teeth" to get him out. And then the entire time, he would be miserable, not want to go on any of the rides, and complain how everything is so horrible, dangerous, germetic (is that a word?), or something "wrong" with it. I can't deal with that, I've had friends like that, and I can only do so much to "cheer" them up before I can't give them anymore, and they start pissing me off. If anything, a personality like Gloominous Doom would upset me, make me angry...however, his message is usually that of "something extremely unhappy is happening, for example, a death (could be a pet), a break up, loosing a friendship, the first realizations that a marriage isn't working, etc. I listen closely to what he has to tell me, but he is a messenger of bad news, and depressing news at that.

i'm a sagittarian ~ Grins

Rhiannon

Dexter said:
........ And then Indi boy is he correct. Me who was always decisive the maker of decisions in a split second and knowing exactly what needed to be done and how to handle it. Now floundering constantly and feeling totally out of balance. You who have read some of my other posts realize the difficulty I have been having going thorugh menopause and I guess the Faeries know too.

Dexter
*hugs*

Indi might be telling you to take a closer look at why you are feeling so out of balance. It is probably due in part to the fact that your body is changing so much, but that might also be playing havoc with your emotional and mental well-being. What are you afraid of? Most of the time (like it says in the book) we are indecisive because we're afraid. Take a look at what is scaring you. It might be very enlightening.

I also have to make a comment about Luathas. LOL He just makes me laugh. I know many people seem to find him scary, but to me he is like a wild best friend. He's the one who will get you arrested one night, but he's also the first one who would bail you out. :D He will get you into trouble with his antics, but you can't hate him because he's teaching you so much about yourself and your willingness to take risks. It's a wild ride, but it's just so much FUN!

R :)

Dexter

Well over the past little while I've invited Gloominus along with me during my day. Commuting to work etc. Wasn't sure if he would accept but I gave the invitation anyway. Well first couple of days I didn't notice him but I was car pooling and there wa other people around. Well first day I drove myself in to work it's about a 40 minute drive I all of heard myself saying 'Hi welcome". Needless to say even though we don't really converse that much I know he's there and has been a real help with straightening out my thoughts and feelings. I'm really glad he's shown upa nd even little Indi has shown himself a couple of times lately. So I think I am making progress.

Dexter