Nigel Jackson oracle...

room

The Wild Hunt

Here are the cards I mentioned.

If possible, could 6HD or felicity post a scan of the Wild Hunt card from the Celtic Oracle for comparison purposes?

I would love to see what it looks like, especially since I'm interested in this particular legend. Thanks.

6 Haunted Days

I will try later when I get back from work but if Felicity can that's fine! (I'm not so good with computer scanning lol). I love any images and stories of the Wild Hunt/Faery Rade as well!

felicityk

I will try to remember to scan it tonight when I get home.

Felicity

rachelcat

Hi, folks. Back to the Nigel Jackson Celtic Oracle, for you that have it, do the illustrations on the cards seem fuzzy to you? I think I have a badly printed set, like the colors don't match up with the outlines or something. The scans posted earlier seem much clearer than mine. I might try to buy another copy if this is a one-copy problem!

Are yours fuzzy? Let me know. Thanks!

room

rachelcat said:
Back to the Nigel Jackson Celtic Oracle

Ah, we haven't left Nige since we are discussing his Wild Hunt card from that oracle--just waiting for scans.

Hey Rachel, maybe you could scan your Wild Hunt card? Let people see what fuzziness you are seeing and compare.

felicityk

I wouldn't describe my Celtic Oracle cards as fuzzy. My set is from Aquarian Press and the book is c 1991.

room, I don't have the correct level of access to attach files, so I uploaded my scan here.

Felicity

room

felicityk said:
so I uploaded my scan here

Thanks! Yes, I like that card. He does such interesting work.

6 Haunted Days

rachelcat said:
Hi, folks. Back to the Nigel Jackson Celtic Oracle, for you that have it, do the illustrations on the cards seem fuzzy to you? I think I have a badly printed set, like the colors don't match up with the outlines or something. The scans posted earlier seem much clearer than mine. I might try to buy another copy if this is a one-copy problem!

Are yours fuzzy? Let me know. Thanks!

I have a set and 2 cards seem fuzzy (no don't seem are) The Green Knight and the Sword of Nugda. It's almost like it was double printed? Does it seem to you some of the titles are a darker black and thicker than others. Some are thin. But the Green Knight is the worst. Almost like when I have my glasses off and everything is blurry but you can still make it out lol. I do wonder if it's just a small printing error or if all the sets are like that from '92. But how too find out? Also the colour doesn't seem uniform on the borders.

rachelcat

Oh, good idea. It might a certain print run. I'll check my set to see which cards are fuzzy and if I can determine a date or printing. I'll let you know!

room

rachelcat said:
It might a certain print run.

I'm sorry you both have cards with this problem. Makes me glad I didn't spend a lot of money tracking them down--bit of a crapshoot as to what you get maybe? Well there must be other copies around, maybe you'll have some success in replacing it.