Dream Inspirational Cards Study Group - Card 58 Sand

.traveller.

This is a very unusual card, one that I would like to get other opinions on.

First off, we have the obvious association of sand in an hourglass... the passage of time. There is a book... once upon a time. There is an adventurer crossing the sands, passing a fighter jet that is sinking into the sands. What to make of that reptilian/dragonish creature outside the glass?

One thing I considered with this card, is that we have to reconsider how we spend our time because we only have so much.

I looked at the dream dictionary, and this is what it had to say about sand:

"To see sand in your dream, signifies a shift in perspective or a change in your attitude. Consider also the familiar phrase, "the sands of time" in which it may be suggesting that you are wasting your time or letting time pass you by. "

SpiritOfTheDogz

Looking at the card it seems another strange one (are there any that aren't?). There's a plane well sunken in the sand, obviously been there a long time, there is something also with the word price on it, suggesting the man walking could really be a prince but doesn't know it...the conclusion I would get from this is that it's saying leave the past behind and go and find out who you really are, it's going to be a tough journey (the hot dessert) but it is the only way forward, it is a lot brighter where you are heading (the card looks brighter in the distance).

Paul

SouthernSky1962

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
Looking at the card it seems another strange one (are there any that aren't?). There's a plane well sunken in the sand, obviously been there a long time, there is something also with the word price on it, suggesting the man walking could really be a prince but doesn't know it...the conclusion I would get from this is that it's saying leave the past behind and go and find out who you really are, it's going to be a tough journey (the hot dessert) but it is the only way forward, it is a lot brighter where you are heading (the card looks brighter in the distance).

Paul

Love your perception on this card, when I saw it the first time.. it came to mind of let go of the old and start your journey for new adventures, among other things.. its real good card.. Are you still using these cards?, I just started and loving it :)

Blessings,
Liz

Ruzicka

My first post, so I'm a little nervous I'll do something wrong.. First mistake: posting in a three year old thread. >.< But I wanted to share my thoughts on this card.

I'm quite sure the card is a reference to Le Petit Prince (English title: The Little Prince), by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. You can see the book, and even the prince's yellow hair, in the lower left corner. It's a book about a man crashing his plane in Sahara, where he meets a peculiar little prince whose home is an asteroid in outer space.

The desert, the narrator and the plane are pictured, as is a snake. I believe this is the snake that in the end kills the prince. The hourglass could also be a reference to the prince's death - the prince knew it was just a matter of time until he had to leave that world.

It's a difficult card for me. The references are so strong, and although The Little Prince is my all-time favourite book the card just isn't more than that to me - a reference to a book. It just doesn't come alive by itself.
Well, I'll stare at it some more and hope I can figure something out. ^^