Seven of Swords / Destiny of Relationship

onesun

In a soulmate reading spread with ten cards I pulled the 7s as final card assigned as 'Destiny of Relationship'. The previous 9 cards were beautiful, harmonious, elementally dignified and 'positive'. Then the 7s arrives with a loud thud. They say first impressions on a card in a reading count for a lot. I've read and learned thru various means that 5's & 7's are cards of 'evolution/revolution', a phrase of mine I use to kind of describe the idea of struggle typically associated with these numbers. Naturally I was more than just surprised to see 7s present itself, especially after such a beautiful run of cards. Normally when see 7s show up I interpret a sense of stealthy maneuvering, or maybe a denial of responsibility. It's an air card, so some kind of mental machination energetically. But this as a destiny?? Not a pleasant picture to me.

So I sat with this reading for a few days when in a moment of inspiration 'strategy' comes to mind. I found it a little more palatable although as 'final outcome' still perplexing.

Anyone care to offer interps, insights on other angles with this card? I'm open to any and all including pos &$ neg spins. Thanks! Tree

feminine_mystique

In a soulmate reading spread with ten cards I pulled the 7s as final card assigned as 'Destiny of Relationship'. The previous 9 cards were beautiful, harmonious, elementally dignified and 'positive'. Then the 7s arrives with a loud thud. They say first impressions on a card in a reading count for a lot. I've read and learned thru various means that 5's & 7's are cards of 'evolution/revolution', a phrase of mine I use to kind of describe the idea of struggle typically associated with these numbers. Naturally I was more than just surprised to see 7s present itself, especially after such a beautiful run of cards. Normally when see 7s show up I interpret a sense of stealthy maneuvering, or maybe a denial of responsibility. It's an air card, so some kind of mental machination energetically. But this as a destiny?? Not a pleasant picture to me.

So I sat with this reading for a few days when in a moment of inspiration 'strategy' comes to mind. I found it a little more palatable although as 'final outcome' still perplexing.

Anyone care to offer interps, insights on other angles with this card? I'm open to any and all including pos &$ neg spins. Thanks! Tree
I find that the 7 of swords is sometimes seen as moving away from a situation that doesn't serve you. He's creepy away from the circus behind him, the acts and the people. Your relationship could be moving away from people that don't look after your relationship and try to bring it down.

Kind of like. I will be happy with this person and sneak away with them and make new memories with them.

I hope this helps you.

😘😘

Grizabella

There are a lot of ways to look at the 7 of Swords and if you drew 9 other cards, then they're going to affect the meaning of that card, too. Probably the best thing for you to do is to post the whole spread in Your Readings and then we can see what it really means in your particular spread with the question you asked.

Not knowing what the whole spread was and just interpreting the 7 of Swords by itself, with the question being "destiny of the relationship" and having no other cards surrounding it for context, I'd say this could mean that there will be dishonesty and maybe even theft before it ends.

Seven of Swords when among other cards would probably say something somewhat different. Sometimes I've seen it to mean that the cards are advising you need to "think outside the box" and do something you wouldn't find most people doing about whatever situation you've asked about. However, for the destiny of the relationship, I don't know that it could have that message definitely.

RiverRunsDeep

Somewhat nontraditional, but my first thought about the Seven of Swords in regards to your relationship was...falsity and inauthenticity. You may find that you are eventually having to pretend, or putting on an act for this relationship. It could be a warning to remain true to yourself.

onesun

I find that the 7 of swords is sometimes seen as moving away from a situation that doesn't serve you. He's creepy away from the circus behind him, the acts and the people. Your relationship could be moving away from people that don't look after your relationship and try to bring it down.

Kind of like. I will be happy with this person and sneak away with them and make new memories with them.

I hope this helps you.

😘😘

Thanx FM. I usually see the not serving thing with moving on moreso in the 6s. But I'm open to looking at it with the same energy as the 7 is following the 6, only the active aspect is more another kind of energy.. just what it is I'm trying to get at! Moving away from others, now that does sound like possibility, there's def movement along the stage of life... I should have mentioned that the 'soulmate' has yet to enter in my life but should she arrive I'm starting to think much of this will clarify itself, somehow, someway. Thanks again!

onesun

There are a lot of ways to look at the 7 of Swords and if you drew 9 other cards, then they're going to affect the meaning of that card, too. Probably the best thing for you to do is to post the whole spread in Your Readings and then we can see what it really means in your particular spread with the question you asked.

Not knowing what the whole spread was and just interpreting the 7 of Swords by itself, with the question being "destiny of the relationship" and having no other cards surrounding it for context, I'd say this could mean that there will be dishonesty and maybe even theft before it ends.

Seven of Swords when among other cards would probably say something somewhat different. Sometimes I've seen it to mean that the cards are advising you need to "think outside the box" and do something you wouldn't find most people doing about whatever situation you've asked about. However, for the destiny of the relationship, I don't know that it could have that message definitely.

Hi Grizabella, long time no speak. I've been on little hiatus. I hope you're well.

Well, you're absolutely right, yanking a card out of context like this is certainly limiting. But first time I've posted here this area and read the rules, saying 50% of cards or less is the thing. So I'll try to gather my spread info and post on YR.

Anyway, yeah for sure, the dishonesty thing was hard to stomach and as I looked at it totally arresting in light of the beauty that was previous displayed and I mean, shocking.

Oh, I had that wrong, I drew 6 cards previous too. oops

So okay, the other thing (and I know better!) is to describe the deck used. A huge missing detail I know. I generally use Shadowscapes for relationship queries. In that deck the author's pamphlet indicates in a short blurb 'an attempt to escape responsibility'. So... well duh, I've totally done that before. haha But not with regard to relationships, at least that I'm conscious of ya know. So maybe that part of what I'm about will become more conscious perhaps.. But in the card it depicts a scene altogether different than RW. Although there is a bit of flavor of deceit or deception it's softened and the swords are depicted stacking up on a little hill that rises behind a hunched figure who appears to be deliberating a strategy, this is how I came up with that idea. To be honest, to me it doesn't look like escaping responsibility on the face of the card. Also, he has but one sword in hand and there is one notable sword on the very apex of the hill..

Interesting you should say 'thinking outside the box'.. I've had several indications, not like I'm repeatedly asking this same query of the Tarot, I know better than that, but just saying other things pointing to the 'soulmate' in question will be someone I wouldn't necessarily consider except for the fact we just jive together in all other respects and so it's about being more open to possibilities, like something 'outside the norm or outside the box' 'something outside my so-called type'.. But as you say, I'd have to give you the other cards to see if you still felt this an interp option.

In any case, I do so much appreciate your take. Thank you!

onesun

Somewhat nontraditional, but my first thought about the Seven of Swords in regards to your relationship was...falsity and inauthenticity. You may find that you are eventually having to pretend, or putting on an act for this relationship. It could be a warning to remain true to yourself.

Hi RRD, thnx for the response.

Yep, those ugly words.. falsity and inauthenticity.. I will totally take your heed to heart. Thanks for those insights.

Oh I'd rather not admit it but I think I must still be learning that lesson to some degree. Libra's are known to try to please others. So for sure it's pretty danged important card, it made itself really stick out in undeniable way ya know. But sure, if you present a false image just to please the other with a hidden motive that they like you then the other falls in love with an illusion.. which of course never works. So as ugly as it looks I knew somewhere in there it wasn't a fluke this card reveals itself but gosh, just felt so odd sitting there amongst the grandeur of the other cards! So, thnx again, I'm so glad you responded!

Btw- Your raven icon is all the more eerie, I have a long life history of crows and ravens in symbology/metaphor and even physical interaction.. curious.. actually, wow...

Arial360

RE

Well I'm just gonna look at the literal image of the typical seven swords and it shows some swords (thoughts) put to the side and some swords (thoughts) going in another direction.

So I would say there's a part of somebody that wants to be in it and there is a part of somebody that has thoughts about leaving it.

onesun

Well I'm just gonna look at the literal image of the typical seven swords and it shows some swords (thoughts) put to the side and some swords (thoughts) going in another direction.

So I would say there's a part of somebody that wants to be in it and there is a part of somebody that has thoughts about leaving it.

Thanks! I see the same thing, or rather have looked at that possibility.. Actually although didn't use RW with the so-called typical 7s and a guy with 5 swords 'sneaking' supposedly while two swords ( a couple in relationship? I have read it that way before) are still stuck in the ground. The times I have read it that way the other surrounding cards were pointing toward that as well. Not so much here, and that's the thing.

So basically same idea, the one person is taking his thoughts away from the other. So there you have it. Not exactly a match made in heaven or there will be times of deceit or some such. I dunno, man, alllll those other cards so awesome. Thanks again.

Amanda

Destiny of Relationship: 7 of Swords -- I'd think something like, "dumb luck".