Sweet Twilight-Queen of Wands

Hemera

There are so many people who like this card and who like the "hippyness" of this Queen so I´m starting a thread in the hope that I´ll learn more about this mysterious Queen.

There is no fire element in this card. Maybe this is more Airy? The wand looks like it has come off the wicker chair, which seems to be almost falling apart. The chair seems to be unstable and only fit for the mouse to sit on. The Queen doesn´t seem to mind that her throne is very unstable and also taken by the mouse. The Queen is also a bit uncertain about her rod of power, which hangs rather loosely in her hand. She doesn´t know what to do with it. The flowers look a bit like autumnal sunflowers but the light green lawn and the bare tree suggest spring. The wind is blowing and the clouds and the Queen´s hair are moving and dancing freely in the wind.
Where is her authority and what makes her the Queen, I wonder? Where and who are her subjects?

Aerin

I see her as extremely creative - which is for me where the wandy-ness comes in. She's an artist, a poet, a songwriter who gets struck by inspiration and then she just HAS to do whatever it is.

I think we've caught her between inspirations: she's just about to fly over to a canvas and start painting.

EightWands

Aerin said:
I see her as extremely creative - which is for me where the wandy-ness comes in. She's an artist, a poet, a songwriter who gets struck by inspiration and then she just HAS to do whatever it is.

I think we've caught her between inspirations: she's just about to fly over to a canvas and start painting.

I love that!

Myrrha

The Queen of Wands has a warm glow to her, but this active fiery glow is something she has conciously decided to use. Her skin is a cool tone like most other people in the deck but she has chosen a warm orange color for her clothing and hair.

The tree is bare and the environment could look bleak but she is choosing to change her surroundings with warmth and creativity (painting the flowers orange.)

The mouse shows that she sometimes feels quite small and timid but she still puts on her glowing energy and takes risks to transform her situation.

When the card comes up it could have to do with taking risks; taking charge of your enviornment or situation; choosing to feel and use a warm, friendly, exciting kind of energy in your interactions with people; creative projects.

I got this card in my daily readings the other day, together with the Four of Pentacles, and it was definitely telling me to get busy on some creative work I've been not-doing.

She has that giant paintbrush and she is up out of her chair. Get up, do it!

Onyx

She just looks ready for something to happen but unsure what it will be. She is done sitting behind waiting for things to occur and is taking her own action.

I almost get the urge to say “The Sixties ended and the potential was lost.” What should have been done by the others, (Kings, Emperors, Congress, whatever) was not done and though disheartened she is ready to right the wrongs and do what is right. I liken the wands to our own potential and spiritual force. Since she has taken hers up she is ready to use it and own her own potential and actions.

Where did the wand come from? I don’t see it coming from her “throne” but rather from the dead tree, possibly one of the lower branches. This would suggest that she can take what is dead and bring it to life with purpose and resolve.

Onyx.

Aerin

I still think the wand is her paintbrush :)

I can see it isn't now I look at it but that is how I first saw it and will think of it.

vess913

I've pulled this card today and it stumped me. I'm still new, so courts tend to do that a lot. One thing I like about this deck is that even the courts have their own little stories to them, you just have to look hard enough.

To me, the Queen is the reason the flowers are there. The dead tree, the throne made of sticks, they make me think that this scene was actually a barren field before she arrived. Once she found herself there, she made flowers pop up everywhere.

She's revitalizing the field with her energy. The dark, cloudy sky keeps the sun out of sight, but things are growing in spite of that. Her fiery energy gives life to the dead ground. Heck, flowers are even popping up on the throne, which isn't even rooted in the ground.

The fact that the tree behind her still has no leaves and stumpy branches makes me think that while she's started everything growing again, things still take time. All the fire power she has is still only a trigger to get things in motion.

That's just my two cents for today. :)

Grizabella

I still think the wand is her paintbrush :)

I can see it isn't now I look at it but that is how I first saw it and will think of it.

I do think it's a big paint brush. It sure looks like it to me.

Aerin

I do think it's a big paint brush. It sure looks like it to me.

:)

And me, still... it came up the other day.

Brilliant to see this deck still being discovered and rediscovered.