Camoin-Jodorowksy Marseille from a U.S. seller

fyreflye

Camoin-Jodo Marseille from a U.S. seller

On the off-chance that there's somebody around here who wants to get this deck but is shy about trying to order from a French site I thought I'd let you know about this Amazon associate I happened on by chance yesterday. http://makeashorterlink.com/?X5BC23C49 Amazon's search engine will not turn this item up.
The price is nearly twice what it would cost you to order it from Amazon.fr (forget Camoin's unnavigatable site) but I thought I'd pass it on just in case.

Diana

Oh my goodness. Don't give your money away for nothing.

If anyone finds it hard to navigate Camoin's site but still want this deck, I can buy them one. They sell them iin the book-stores here. Even with the high postage from Europe to the States, it would cost you less then this.

Some people really know how to make a quick buck.

(Camoin's site is a sight for sore eyes, but it is not so difficult to navigate. You click on "Boutique", then on "Tarots" down on the left hand-side and then click on their odd looking icons on the right to add it to your shopping basket. (In French, "Add to Basket" is "ajouter au panier". "Panier" means "basket".)

fyreflye

I ordered mine from Amazon.fr priced at about 5% less than retail and the standard shipping (11-14 days) was about 11 eruo's for a total of 22,53 euro's. Amazon.fr is easy to use because it has all your stored information from your local Amazon and is formatted exactly the same. But I've run across a number of people who are afraid to order from other countries. I've been buying classical CD's from Europe and Japan for years. But everyone who doesn't have one yet should certainly take Diana up on her offer.

Rusty Neon

Amazon Canada doesn't carry it but ...

The website for Archambault (a Quebec-based book-and-CD chain store) at www.archambault.ca (click on English to change the French home page into English) shows the deck at $32.95 Canadian plus sales tax and postage. At that website, type in the following as search criterion:

Camoin Marseille

and you'll get "Tarot de Marseille Camoin".

http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/en/exchform.htm
$32.95 CAN is about $25.50 U.S.

However, based on fireflye's post above, it would appear that amazon.fr would work out better money-wise for Americans in the case of this particular deck.

fyreflye

Archambault

How interesting! Archambault is one of the places I use occasionally for hard-to-find-but-low-priced-CD's. I never thought to check there.

Diana

fyreflye said:
But I've run across a number of people who are afraid to order from other countries.

I have noticed this myself on Aeclectic on a number of occasions. It is most strange indeed. I wish someone would explain the rationale behind this. :confused:

Astraea

Some time ago, there were several posts about customs-related thefts of transatlantic decks -- packages arriving empty, and so forth. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, when a deck from another country is faulty, it can be difficult and costly to return it . This happened to me not long ago. I ordered a deck through the wonderful Alida, and through no fault of the store's (the deck was shrink-wrapped), the cards had been incorrectly printed and the colors were out of registration. Ageo was kind enough to replace the deck immediately, but even though the problem originated with the deck manufacturer, I hated to inconvenience him about it -- and wouldn't have, if it had been available over here.

fyreflye

I have only my own past experience with fear-of-overseas-ordering to go by. With me it was the fear that I'd make a mistake because of unfamiliarity with the language and wind up losing money or buying something I hadn't intended. Another fear was the cost of shipping. My first overseas order was from a Dutch site which, naturally, was in English. UK sites then became easy. Next I found myself tackling Fnac and Alapage with my long-unused French. Then I discovered that Amazon.fr had all my stored customer information from my US purchases. Wowie-zowie! When BMG.jp and Amazon.jp started Englishing their sites I dipped a toe in. I've still never ordered from Germany but I've got a bid in right now with a German eBay seller and, with the help of Babelfish, may yet buy my first Deutschdeck.

Diana

Thank you both for your explanations.