Spread suggestions for identifying bad energy?

Sassyinkpen

I apologize if this actually belongs in the Spreads section, but that looks like it's only for posting spreads, not asking about them.

I have a situation where we have owned a piece of property for about 15 years (we were going to build a house on it, then got waylaid a while, and are now looking to build again).

Over the course of those years, we've camped on it a few times, and every single time I spend the night there, I get extremely freaked out and feel like the property has some kind of malevolent energy. Which is a complete contrast to the day time, when I feel so peaceful there and deeply connected to the land.

We are going there this weekend to spend the night, and I was thinking I could take my tarot cards with and do a reading while I'm there to possibly gain some insight into what's causing this feeling.

Can anyone recommend some spreads that would be especially useful for that?

Barleywine

Sounds to my like you might want to bring a medium along instead. :) Anyway, I created a spread a while ago for "spirit contact" (it's with Post #52 of the attached thread). It was designed for ancestor work, but you could substitute another focus card for the ancestral significator card that's more in line with your intuition. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're after, but it might be worth a look. It might flush out a spirit that's been giving you grief.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=233975&highlight=Ancestor&page=6

Sassyinkpen

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for either - but I've seen spreads that kind dig into the darker side of things or callout spirits or whatever.

I think what you suggested there is a really good start, with that slight modification. I just don't know if it's even a spirit I'm feeling.

I don't know WHAT causes this feeling. I don't know if something bad happened there and it's actually haunted at night, or if there's just negative energy clinging there at night....or if I'm just afraid of the dark! (To be fair, I don't feel a malevolent presence other places where I'm in the dark, like at home or at our cabin).

Last time I was there, I burned a ton of incense it our little shack and took a stick out to walk around a little bit. I did actually get some sleep that night, so at least in my mind it helped.

It bothers me because in about 3-4 years I'm going to be LIVING there.

Dolphin_Dreamer

I would love to see how it goes.. :)

Dolphin_Dreamer

Luna's Crone

I apologize if this actually belongs in the Spreads section, but that looks like it's only for posting spreads, not asking about them.

I have a situation where we have owned a piece of property for about 15 years (we were going to build a house on it, then got waylaid a while, and are now looking to build again).

Over the course of those years, we've camped on it a few times, and every single time I spend the night there, I get extremely freaked out and feel like the property has some kind of malevolent energy. Which is a complete contrast to the day time, when I feel so peaceful there and deeply connected to the land.

We are going there this weekend to spend the night, and I was thinking I could take my tarot cards with and do a reading while I'm there to possibly gain some insight into what's causing this feeling.

Can anyone recommend some spreads that would be especially useful for that?

i think you are mistaking the outdoors for my house.