Is the page of wands sexual?

Reverie

I know it's not good to have trust issues in a relationship, but it's still the early stages and we're not meeting all the time. However, we do have an agreement that we are sexually exclusive. For example, we didn't meet this weekend. Thus, although I can keep my pants on, I know that sometimes men have different standards and degrees of impulsivity. We're not talking about a man in his 20s, but a man in his 30s.

I did a mini spread to figure out the sexual energies around my partner this weekend.

In the position of "show me what happened in terms of sexuality", I drew the page of wands.

I have been drawing the page of wands consistently for him also, in terms of when I ask about sexuality in his life.

Now the clarifier is 7 of pentacles.

So the page of wands is obviously a wand, which is phallic. To be real with myself here, it seems like he might be taking opportunities to have quick uncommitted relations. I wish this weren't what I'm seeing, but it's sort of what I'm seeing. The clarifier in my deck, Fenestra, shows a man with the same expression he had when I met him - composed and almost aloof, almost waiting for something in his life to happen and take him out of his apathy and discontent. Curiously, in the 7 of pentacles, the man is resting his face on a black wand - almost seems like it's getting old or rusty or has some dark energy to it.

Hmm, so I can't figure this one out though - the page of wands. The devil would be a definite yes, the knight of wands, the ace of swords, but this page of wands? Obviously less thoughtful than the knight, but also less calculating. In this card he's actually grabbing his wand like it's ready to jump out of his hand, so if it were a possibility that it indicates a sexual encounter, it would be a 'too good to pass up' kind.

Conversely, it could be dancing, because the card is very flowy and dancey.

I do respect him and he's shown that he has values, but when it comes to sex, I'm always ready to be surprised, not in the best way.

What do you think?

Girl Archer

Intuitively, I feel like this man has a lot of pent up sexual energy and I think this card shows him taking care of it himself.

Conversely it could show a young, arty type of woman in his bed and life that the cards are trying to caution you about. However since you agreed on exclusivity and going by my gut feeling too, I will stick with the former.

P.S. According to a website, 7 of Pentacles is called Lord of Success Unfulfilled. Self explanatory I should hope ;) Also, when I looked at that card, I got that distinct vibe of no action, like he is waiting for it to happen but it hasn't so, he looks a little pensive and frustrated. He is definitely eyeing the pentacles (which also stand for the body amongst other things), he wants it, he needs it and would definitely jump at an opportunity, but I don't see any that have come his way.

Thirteen

A question of maturity

I don't think the cards always give us the answers we're after. Meaning, I think the cards tell us what we need to know, what important for us to know...these cards might be letting you know that it's not best for you or your relationship to spy on him...even with tarot cards. These cards, in fact, might be talking directly to you. Pages are often seen as "children"--literally or figurative. That means, in this case, immature. So, on the one hand, this card might be saying that your guy is immature and will do what he wants (a man of 30 can be a Peter Pan) and you need to accept his. He's never going to grow up.

But this Page might also be the deck's way of suggesting that you're being immature in asking this question and not trusting him. The 7/Pentacles reinforces this. 7/Pents often has a farmer by a fruit tree, waiting. It says that whatever you're waiting for, it hasn't happened yet, and probably won't. It adds in the idea that you're frustrated and impatient for it to happen. It's as if you want it to happen, because if it did you could say you were right, be relieved, instead of always waiting and expecting it to happen.

You do understand that if he knows that you're waiting for him to be unfaithful...spying on him and such, he will be? After all, if there's no way for him to prove to you that he isn't fooling around, why should he bother staying true?

Reverie

Intuitively, I feel like this man has a lot of pent up sexual energy and I think this card shows him taking care of it himself.

Conversely it could show a young, arty type of woman in his bed and life that the cards are trying to caution you about. However since you agreed on exclusivity and going by my gut feeling too, I will stick with the former.

Hi dear,

Thank you for the feedback.

I might actually post the full 3 card reading because it is interesting.

I have a hard time imagining him taking care of it himself, but then again I don't know how he lives every day of the week. I think this week we're going to try something different so I will be better able to gage his energy level by spending time with him. It's true that he does like to relax at home maybe more than I do, but he also really likes to party. He definitely likes to hang out with the guys, but I don't know what he's like when I'm not around.

I'm somewhat ashamed to be questioning him this way, but I've had some bad experiences. If I do this less, I imagine better things will happen. I can definitely see it now! The 7 of pentacles is him searching in his mind for a fantasy. He could call me, though, right ? !

Honestly, one of the first things he told me when we were intimate was 'I'm not at risk because I don't sleep around, and last person was my ex'.

I guess the more I spend time away from my partner, I start to feel insecure.

Thanks again.

Girl Archer

Hi dear,

Thank you for the feedback.

I might actually post the full 3 card reading because it is interesting.

I have a hard time imagining him taking care of it himself, but then again I don't know how he lives every day of the week. I think this week we're going to try something different so I will be better able to gage his energy level by spending time with him. It's true that he does like to relax at home maybe more than I do, but he also really likes to party. He definitely likes to hang out with the guys, but I don't know what he's like when I'm not around.

I'm somewhat ashamed to be questioning him this way, but I've had some bad experiences. If I do this less, I imagine better things will happen. I can definitely see it now! The 7 of pentacles is him searching in his mind for a fantasy. He could call me, though, right ? !

Honestly, one of the first things he told me when we were intimate was 'I'm not at risk because I don't sleep around, and last person was my ex'.

I guess the more I spend time away from my partner, I start to feel insecure.

Thanks again.

You are welcome, reverie. Please do, that might give us a fuller picture of what we are looking at and what the answer to your question could be. Interesting take, Thirteen. Always a pleasure reading your take on a reading :)

Reverie

Hi! Thank you Thirteen!
I'm sorry I'm a little confused about what you are trying to say. But let me look more closely :)

Pages are often seen as "children"--literally or figurative. That means, in this case, immature. So, yes, the rod implies sexuality, also passion. But it's in a immature state. And a man who is 30 can still be a Peter Pan, not willing to grow up...or perhaps thinking that your views of sexuality are immature. Which might explain that look you got.

OK so - the sexual energy is there (which is normal), but in an immature state - meaning, has it been used? I could see immature as being not developed enough to have sex, or immature as being going for it right away. Definitely know about peter pan syndrome men. I think the only way he might view them as 'immature' is my enforcing testing and protection for now... otherwise I am very sexually open with him.

The 7/Pentacles reinforces the Page. 7/Pents often has a farmer by a fruit tree, waiting. It says that whatever you're waiting for, it's not ripe yet. It adds in the idea that you're also frustrated and impatient for it to come to fruition, as you feel you've been waiting a while. But it's not ready...and it may never be ready.

So my question was about his sexual life, but instead I am getting an answer about our relationship? If that's so, yes, I do feel like I've been waiting a while - and this says he may never be ready?

I think these cards say that both of you expect the other to "grow up"--meaning be what you consider ripe and mature about this matter. But it's likely not going to happen because you both see the other person's current point of view, the one they hold as mature, as immature. Neither you nor he can "ripen" into a mature view of sexuality if you view your own as adult, and the other person's as childish.

What matter? The sexual matter, or the relationship?

And what do you mean the one they hold as mature, as immature?

And I don't understand given that we've agreed of sexual exclusivity. Could you please clarify the last few sentences?

Girl Archer

Reverie, I tried to PM you but it says that you have exceeded your storage limit and have to clear out some messages.

Thirteen

Reverie, I apologize. I misread the issue, and was editing my original answer even as you responded. Please re-read it, as it's a bit different now. And I believe more on target.

But, yes, if you keep getting the Page/Wands in other spreads on him, not just this one and not just in this position, then the tarot might be telling you that the relationship is still too new, and too immature for you to get any real answers about where it's going, or what he's feeling, etc. It's still in it's child stage--his feelings, his passions, likely yours as well--and needs to develop and grow more for the tarot to give you better answers.

Reverie

I don't think the cards always give us the answers we're after. Meaning, I think the cards tell us what we need to know, what important for us to know...these cards might be letting you know that it's not best for you or your relationship to spy on him...even with tarot cards. These cards, in fact, might be talking directly to you. Pages are often seen as "children"--literally or figurative. That means, in this case, immature. So, on the one hand, this card might be saying that your guy is immature and will do what he wants (a man of 30 can be a Peter Pan) and you need to accept his. He's never going to grow up.

I'm being insecure and a little immature, yes.

I don't know if he's peter pan yet, but he might be.

But this Page might also be the deck's way of suggesting that you're being immature in asking this question and not trusting him. The 7/Pentacles reinforces this. 7/Pents often has a farmer by a fruit tree, waiting. It says that whatever you're waiting for, it hasn't happened yet, and probably won't. It adds in the idea that you're frustrated and impatient for it to happen. It's as if you want it to happen, because if it did you could say you were right, be relieved, instead of always waiting and expecting it to happen.

Yes, I need to stop and just trust him. Is it saying I give up on the relationship?
I had a shift and enlightenment yesterday, that is helping. I'm not waiting anymore, just want to know he's there for me.

You do understand that if he knows that you're waiting for him to be unfaithful...spying on him and such, he will be? After all, if there's no way for him to prove to you that he isn't fooling around, why should he bother staying true?

YES. I have not expressed being unable to trust him yet, but I wonder if he can feel things :(

Thank you. I hope I can save the relationship.

Reverie

Reverie, I apologize. I misread the issue, and was editing my original answer even as you responded. Please re-read it, as it's a bit different now. And I believe more on target.

But, yes, if you keep getting the Page/Wands in other spreads on him, not just this one and not just in this position, then the tarot might be telling you that the relationship is still too new, and too immature for you to get any real answers about where it's going, or what he's feeling, etc. It's still in it's child stage--his feelings, his passions, likely yours as well--and needs to develop and grow more for the tarot to give you better answers.

Yes. It's only been 2 months and we started as friends before that.