ISRAEL & ITALY: Oracle & Tarot cards.

DownUnderNZer

A good friend of mine is travelling to Israel, Italy and Canada in a few weeks time and I was
wondering if there are any suggestions for Tarot & Oracle decks "specific" to ISRAEL & ITALY that a worth buying.

If so, is it possible to post the name of the deck(s)plus a link and/or pictures if possible. :)

Ace of Stars

Yoav Ben-Dov lives in Israel and is the creator of the CBD Tarot de Marseille -- a gorgeous and lively TdM.

www.cbdtarot.com

Zephyros

I don't know of any specific Israeli Tarot decks (which is surprising, there is every other kind of tourist knick-knack here, Jerusalem is a religious theme park), although I have seen Kabbalistic oracles which can be found in tourist and Judaica shops (not the Orthodox Kabbalah centers though). I could give you the locations of a few shops here in Tel Aviv, but I doubt you'll find anything there that can't be found (more cheaply) abroad. Perhaps she would be interested in indigenous stones or crystals?

Nemia

A friend of mine loves these cards:

http://www.meiravi.co.il/חכמת-נשים-קלפי-חכמת-נשים-חוכמת-נשים

Feminine Wisdom Cards - all in Hebrew (but it's of course possible to use them with a translated cheat sheet). They're women from the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) with short characterizations that resemble affirmations.

On the pictures:

Miriam.... sees her dream come true.

Pharao's Daughter... who stretches out her hand to opportunity.

I think these are very Israel-specific because they connect Jewish tradition, feminine empowerment and modern Hebrew phrases (not like Biblical quotations). So they can actually be used by contemporary, modern Israeli women with Jewish identity ;-)

Quite a specific target group.

I live in the North, and in the last years, a lot of New Age stores have closed. The boom that was some ten years ago ebbed away. In our area, I only know the little Bereshit shop in the Kiryon shopping center North of Haifa...

PS: More Jewish themed and/or Kabbalah decks here: http://www.meiravi.co.il/רוחניות-יהודית-|-שיחות-עם-אלוהים-|-קלפי-מודעות-ודיסקים

But - all of them in Hebrew. Authentic ;-)

DownUnderNZer

Sorry...been busy and almost forgot this post. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!!!:)

It isn't for my friend, but for me.

Don't mind if in Hebrew as would like something cultural to Israel, so am not sure if I would read them although would give it a go.

Am going to look up these links....

Appreciated!!!! :party:

Nemia

If you buy something in Hebrew and need somebody to translate it - just send me a PM and pictures of the cards, I can translate it.

DownUnderNZer

If you buy something in Hebrew and need somebody to translate it - just send me a PM and pictures of the cards, I can translate it.

Thanks very much....will remember your kind offer.:)

DownUnderNZer

So, last night I told my friend that it is possible to get Hebrew Tarot decks in Tel Aviv.

Are there any Tarot/Spiritual places/shops with addresses and phone numbers that I can pass on to her as I am sure when she is there she will have either a tour guide or someone there to help her for things like shopping.

Appreciated! :)

DownUnderNZer

Here are my experiences in Italy, hopefully they can help.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193983

Italy is the birthplace of Tarot, so you're bound to find something unique. Il Meneghello decks are constantly recommended.

Looked at your thread...very helpful indeed. Thanks! :)

Am going to pass this info on to her as well. Be seeing her in the next few days....