Experience With Dark Carnival Deck?

Carojulie

Hello,

I have this deck and like it a lot. It has a very strong FIRE vibe to it, and I like to use it when I need (or the querent needs) a kick in the butt. That is where the art is the most appreciated.
But, it does not go well with everybody, the art and colors is rather frenetic, as had been said earlier in the thread, and it will only get chosen by querents who will like its rock'n roll vibe. Maybe not the best choice if you need to cool down and relax.

In France, the Juggalo subculture is not very well known (at least not that I am aware of), and the only french people I met so far who have been able to identify a few characters from the cards, are not follower of the culture, but rather artists and intellectuals who are aware of this USA subculture and have read about it.
I suppose the culture might spread here in the coming years, who knows. Maybe it is already more followed here than I am aware of.

But, even if few people here in France really know about the Juggalo culture, the art on the cards reminds us a lot of urban art and street art that is prevalent in France, so we can relate to the cards even if we do not really understand whom the specific characters on the cards are representing.
Most french people I have shown the deck to, felt very familiar with the style or art, eventhough none recognized the Juggalo characters, nor were aware of the Juggalo culture.
I am pretty sure it could trigger the same sort of familiarity in Spain for spanish street art. I do not know enough about other european countries' street art, to be able to tell.

I suppose that if you are familiar with the Juggalo culture you will get even more from this deck, but I can tell from my personal case, that this deck has a lot to offer even to non-Juggalo-aware readers.

Sar

I have it and I adore it.

G6

Hello,

I have this deck and like it a lot. It has a very strong FIRE vibe to it, and I like to use it when I need (or the querent needs) a kick in the butt. That is where the art is the most appreciated.
But, it does not go well with everybody, the art and colors is rather frenetic, as had been said earlier in the thread, and it will only get chosen by querents who will like its rock'n roll vibe. Maybe not the best choice if you need to cool down and relax.

In France, the Juggalo subculture is not very well known (at least not that I am aware of), and the only french people I met so far who have been able to identify a few characters from the cards, are not follower of the culture, but rather artists and intellectuals who are aware of this USA subculture and have read about it.
I suppose the culture might spread here in the coming years, who knows. Maybe it is already more followed here than I am aware of.

But, even if few people here in France really know about the Juggalo culture, the art on the cards reminds us a lot of urban art and street art that is prevalent in France, so we can relate to the cards even if we do not really understand whom the specific characters on the cards are representing.
Most french people I have shown the deck to, felt very familiar with the style or art, eventhough none recognized the Juggalo characters, nor were aware of the Juggalo culture.
I am pretty sure it could trigger the same sort of familiarity in Spain for spanish street art. I do not know enough about other european countries' street art, to be able to tell.

I suppose that if you are familiar with the Juggalo culture you will get even more from this deck, but I can tell from my personal case, that this deck has a lot to offer even to non-Juggalo-aware readers.

I just looked up Juggalo culture and I had no idea it's about that band Insane Clown Posse. Those guys remind me of the band Kiss, but a little less glam rock and a little more urban. Makeup is the same though.

G6

I have it and I adore it.

Me too. ❤️ Dark Carnival. Don't know why. It should be freaky, but to me it's not for some reason. Probably the same reason I don't find Deviant Moon freaky.

G6

Page of Cups

Page of Cups

PIC

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 67.jpg
    FullSizeRender 67.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 176

Nicalo

Whoop whoop!! I have this deck and love it. I use it more often then the others. If you are a Juggalo or not it can speak to you. But if you are a Juggalo it will make most since. The author has a great story of the tarot and the way she explained the cards makes so much sense.. there are songs that go with some of the cards which makes it fun as well! The cards aren't all just based off of ICP and psychopathic but other people and bands as well.. It's always so accurate. The pictures really speak to you. I have had the opportunity of meeting he artist and have had a reading done by her. She has Oracle cards and another style of tarot on her Etsy shop if the Juggalo thing isn't for you! Give it a try!! MMFWCL