Latest printing Morgan Greer cardstock

Miss Divine

Hi everyone!
My older luxuriously glossy copy of the Morgan Greer got destroyed. I am wondering if the newer ones have the same glossy stock, or whether they have a more matte finish.
I see US Games have changed alot of their decks from glossy to matte. The Tarot of a Moon Garden has gone matte also, which leaves the colors looking annoyingly washed out.
Help.. I want to replace my deck, but want a glossy copy.

Gwynydd

I only have the tinned version which I bought, I think, two years ago? It's quite matte. I'm interested to hear about the standard version, because I want to buy it, soon.

Miss Divine

I only have the tinned version which I bought, I think, two years ago? It's quite matte. I'm interested to hear about the standard version, because I want to buy it, soon.

Well, noone else besides you has responded so we still know nothing! Haha :D

Sulis

I have 3 copies of the Morgan Greer;
One is a first edition with black borders and it's very matte.
One is about 15 years old by US Games and it's got a satin / matte finish that's lovely.
One is the smaller version in the tin and that's got the same satin / matte finish that the older version has.

I think the glossy stock was one from about 5 years ago when US Games seemed to change all of their decks to a glossy finish.. I much prefer the satin / matte finish and I think the super glossy varnish was a mistake, especially for decks like the Morgan Greer.
I'm not sure what their brand new decks are like but I suspect that they've stopped the super glossy varnish.

WhiteWolfy

I bought the standard size version in August 2016 and it's the glossy version...

Gwynydd

I bought the standard size version in August 2016 and it's the glossy version...

Awesome! Thank you :) How thick is the cardstock? Are the colours really bright?

WhiteWolfy

Awesome! Thank you :) How thick is the cardstock? Are the colours really bright?

The colours are bright (not washed out) and the cardstock is sturdy but flexible due to the glossiness (not flimsy or likely to bend easily). I love the glossy version, i previously had a matte version and didn't like it at all so i got rid of it.

Gwynydd

The colours are bright (not washed out) and the cardstock is sturdy but flexible due to the glossiness (not flimsy or likely to bend easily). I love the glossy version, i previously had a matte version and didn't like it at all so i got rid of it.

That is fantastic news! Thanks so much for telling us :) I think I need to make this deck my next order.

Wheel of Fantastic

Word of caution. I bought a copy a couple of months ago and the cardstock is matte. There may still be some copies in the distribution chain with the older laminated cardstock but I wouldn't count on receiving one of those brand-new.

magicjack

I think this deck deserves that glossy and slick look that seems to bring out the colors in this deck. I have a few issues of this deck. Unfortunately I had to buy a 2nd deck a few years ago because the whole deck was off balance with the left side cut off shorter than the right. The new deck was glossy, balanced and perfect. I also have the poker size in the tin and looking at it I guess I could say it doesn't look quite as glossy. Is that what everyone is calling matte? If so, it's not that noticeable to me. This smaller size edges are wearing terribly. But what I really wanted to mention was I have one of the first issues of this deck with the heavy cardstock and definitely matte. This deck was not used much but the ink has a very noticable fade to it. Hopefully, a matte finish has evolved since the 70s or people will find faded cards in the future. I hope your able to get your glossy. Maybe try the book depository. For some reason, to me anyway, it seems they have the older stuff.