21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

coyoteblack

Grip Dellabonte better late then never the sonic book you might have felt was jewel catching up to us .

No rush though as you do your early steps it brings it to the attention of other people that join. All this energy going into this project makes it more powerfull.

punchinella

Jewel said:
For the earlier exercises not having the book is not so critical, but as the exercises progress I think you will need it (Starting around Step 5 or 6 I think).
Thanks Jewel, I'm off to go check $$$ at Amazon now :D

Grip Dellabonte

coyoteblack said:
Grip Dellabonte better late then never the sonic book you might have felt was jewel catching up to us .

No rush though as you do your early steps it brings it to the attention of other people that join. All this energy going into this project makes it more powerfull.

Thanks, coyoteblack! I'm off to do step 2 now.
I hope lots more people join. This is a great study group - my first I joined in on!

Aulruna

Needing the book

Hi there,

I too started the exercises without the book, because Amazon in Germany had it on "avaible in 2-3 weeks". Being late helped some, because I had posts from other participants to read to make the goal of the respective exercies clear.

But like Jewel said, as the book progresses, it's getting more difficult. Also, Mary shares a lot of great insights and reading techniques and really ties it all together very neatly. And then there's the Adept level, too!
I'm glad my book arrived in time for step 6, as I find the in-depth reading so valuable. Also, I like to be able to work on my own exercises without being influenced by reading everyone else's to grasp the full concept.

So yes, I would definitely advise to get the book.

Jewel

Morwenna said:
I like to be able to work on my own exercises without being influenced by reading everyone else's to grasp the full concept.
I agree with this completly. I do not read threads until after I have completed my Step and posted it. I love then going back to the start of the thread and see how everyone else did the Step. If I get new ideas I figure I can always go back and edit my post and add them.

I would like to echo Coyoteblack in stating that it is great to see people joining in. Love the energy!

~giggles at Coyoteblack regarding the sonic boom comment~

nicki

Grip Dellabonte said:
I hope lots more people join. This is a great study group - my first I joined in on!

I can't agree more, its also the first i have joined in on and I'm really enjoying it and have ordered the book today, as its a bank holiday weekend I'm hoping to get at least step 3 done, before the alcohol clouds my judgement and everything else!!

nicky

Grip Dellabonte

nicki said:
I can't agree more, its also the first i have joined in on and I'm really enjoying it and have ordered the book today, as its a bank holiday weekend I'm hoping to get at least step 3 done, before the alcohol clouds my judgement and everything else!!

nicky

Ha! Weekend! Alcohol! Judgment cloud-age! I forgot about that! Especially because I am going to have a household also short a few members....better take advantage of it.....less alcohol, more study....(more alcohol once family returns......)

Jewel

nicki said:
Nicky about the alcohol clouding your judgement over a three day weekend ... your card IS the lovers, which implies that you have a choice! Then again you are using the Thoth and Alister would probably egg you on ~giggles~

geministar

Step 1

Step 1 - Druidcraft Tarot - The Moon

2 dogs sitting either side of a pathway howling while looking up at the moon. One dog is while/grey in colour, the other brown. The pathway continues into the background of the picture. Water is in the forefront of the picture, the dogs sit closer to the water. The very front of the card shows a crab climbing out of the water onto a rock. Two large rocks sit on either side of the pathway, quite tall, pointing up towards the moon, they look as though they sit directly below the moon.

Jewel

Gem welcome to the Study Group! Glad to have you here lil' sis ~hugs~