strange Mars return

saren

Hi everyone, sorry i was away for a while.

I had my Mars return today, in leo (7th house), but i am a little disappointed I didn't notice any increase in physical energy as I've understood a mars return produces that. Also, i didn't Initiate any new project. Nor do I feel any more ambitious, or energetic today. Contrastly, my temper, agressive and restless tendances remain quite low. I wasn't accident prone, nor careless either. No important decision was made.

My question is did I even have a mars return? ive attached my chart to see? Perhaps it will hit me tomorrow (Monday), one day late.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22975&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1318182530

dadsnook2000

Mars conjoining Mars

Mars conjoining Mars --- this is how one might describe transiting Mars contacting natal Mars in a natal chart. Consider the natal chart as representing one's "potential" where the term potential represents that which may develop over one's lifetime.

Now, consider transiting Mars contacting natal Mars' chart positioon every two years or so. Consider that one's potential might be triggered every 24 months or so. Will these triggers fully develop one's potential or might they lead us along a path of gradually developing the full range or depth of potential?

If potential is something that comes from both one-time experiences and continuing and collective experiences, in some blend, than potential isn't a flash experience. Since Mars comes around regularly, you should also view it as a "cycle." Cycles repeat and have nodal points of significane (in astro charts, we call these nodes the "angles"), but they ebb and flow continuously. What I'm suggesting is that Mars conjoining Mars may not of necessity require an event of the day but point to a emerging trend.

So, I'd suggest that you look at Mars from a larger perspective, a longer period of time. At each of the last few Mars returns, can you see a larger theme of Mars-related experiences that occured over a period of time? If Mars, for you, represents "hasty actions", did you have experiences where haste proved to be your undoing? If Mars represents an excessive application of physical endurance (such as running races or climbing cliffs), did any such experience represent an awareness of overdoing it or of modifying your use of endurance?

Look for the bigger picture, not the daily event. Dave