Incense

greatdane

Good to know, Briar

Thank you for sharing that. It is hard to know before you buy, unless someone tells you.

GD

Briar Rose

How the heck do ya'll light the charcoal brick that resin incense burns on?

I use a wooden match, and I see orange sparks going through the whole brick, which is so mysterious and pretty. Then a small section of the rounded corner gets gray ash, and the resin burns about 5 minutes and goes out.

I just bought the charcoal yesterday, so it is fresh, and it would not light or relight. What am I doing wrong?

If resin incense was in storage (basement) for a year, can I dry it out in the sun? Does it get damp?

Libra8ca

I'm currently using Swagat Vanilla and Triloka Orange Blossom; they are all natural as far as I know which I prefer.
One of the first incense I ever bought was Peach (I don't know the brand or if it was all natural) but the smell was the best of any incense I've ever had! Just ordered myself some peach incense sticks and I'm curious if they will be the same :)

zephyr_heart

greatdane said:
Any particular brands?
Actually, no. They're self made product by a new age shop. (Sorry if this reply is taking long, been busy and not looking this part of the forum often)

greatdane

Hey Zephyr!

Thanks for joining back in. Sounds like I would like that New Age shop, too bad I don't live closer!

Blessings,
GD

DarkElectric

Hello, :)

Frankincense gets my vote.

I create my own, and these people are a trusted source of the finest quality woods, herbes and resins I have ever seen.

http://www.somaluna.com/

They're lovely folks, and their prices are good.
They also carry stick and blended, but I love the botanical resins.

They have things such as Oman Hougari Frankincense, which is definitely hard to find.
It's the most beautiful frankincense ever.

greatdane

Thanks, Dark! I'm keeping that link!

It's lovely that people are sharing their info. Great incense and resins can be hard to find.

GD

Briar Rose

Yes, that's right. All Frankincense is different.

DarkElectric

Briar Rose said:
Yes, that's right. All Frankincense is different.

It really is. A lot of people are surprised to discover that, too. There's so much variety in the natural resins. Myrrh is like that too, as is Copal.