Melanchollic's "Simple Cross" Spread

frelkins

Melanchollic said:
Or do you mean Trumps I and XXI

yes, Mel, that's what I mean! And you know it. I swear you're being ornery enough to make a girl stamp her foot like a mule and spit like a llama! ;)

Melanchollic said:
For the Juggler, he is always -1, regardless of his position. The World is always +1, regardless of her position.

Ok Mel but. . .WHY? Since Juggler is all elements, unmanifest, why isn't it neutral, a 0? Hmm?

Melanchollic

frelkins said:
yes, Mel, that's what I mean! And you know it. I swear you're being ornery enough to make a girl stamp her foot like a mule and spit like a llama! ;)

Actually, I wasn't sure.

frelkins said:
Ok Mel but. . .WHY? Since Juggler is all elements, unmanifest, why isn't it neutral, a 0? Hmm?

You can do it that way too, if it fits better with how you interpret the Juggler and the World. I tend to stay very close to the original medieval allegories with the 22 Trumps.

I also like the idea of cards that don't conform to the system, one that is deceitful and naughty in any weather, and one that is compassionate, regardless of circumstances.

Bernice

Mel you said, "Something new and secret"....

We've barely come to grips with two (excellent) methods and you've got even more on the back burner!

As Lisa Simpson would say = YAY!

Bee :)

Bernice

MEL! (shouting loud.....).

I cannot find your post where you've accorded the following attributes to the Trumps:

i.e: Positive-Negative-Neutral-Active-Passive.

I've got all the attributes of the cards except for the Moon, which seems to just be 'negative' (?)

NOTE: I also have the following cards marked as just Neutral = Temperence, Justice and Strength. (no 'Pos' or 'Neg' or 'Active' or 'Passive', just Neutral).

I'm trying up update the Trumps diagram with these, as it's only got the Elements.

Halloooo....... Mel ......... I've got a Black Forest Gateux.....with double cream

SolSionnach

:::Sravana raises her hand tentatively in the air:::

I love Black Forest Cake...

:::runs and hides:::

Bernice

Me & you both :D .........not a lot left now......

Wondering if Justice, Strength & Temperance are supposed to just be Neutral?

But if we look at Mels' diagram, they are three of the four perimeter cards, the Fool is at the top and its attributes are Active-Negative. So why shouldn't the other three have a bit more than neutral.........

Also thinking that the Moon should perhaps be Neutral-Negative.

Making a Lemon Meringue to soothe my frustration.