Larimar.....

canid

I so love larimar! I've gotten several items from The Larimar Shop, earrings & a bracelet that was a bit pricey cause the stones aren't tiny. I absolute love it. Especially because of the connection with Edgar Cayce's prediction regarding ancient Atlantis' beautiful blue healing stone being discovered in the Dominican Republic, which happened; so it's also known as the Atlantis Stone. It's just beautiful, & The Larimar Shop has always been great. I need to take a pic of my bracelet...wear it 24/7. Ya know, maybe I did & it's posted here somewhere. Have to search...I think that underwater 'road' off Bimini is Larimar also. Check it out; clearly man-made. My sister-in-law has four or five 20lb slabs of larimar in her garage; I want to go smother her & steal one...she & my brother are rock hounds but they've just been sitting there for years! Make some cabs, dear! You have all the equipment!

ETA: I wire-wrapped a larimar, here's a pic...http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=46162&d=1288181981

Briar Rose

I love your design. That is one gorgeous piece of jewelry you made! Larimar is VIBRANT.

canid

I love your design. That is one gorgeous piece of jewelry you made! Larimar is VIBRANT.

Well, thank you. It wasn't really a pre-planned 'design' though, I just hodge-podged as I went along & it turned out pretty! I gave it to my DIL. Yeah, it's not a cheap stone. A lot of people have commented on my bracelet, 'Oh, what pretty turquoise!', then I go into the Larimar schpiel and watch their eyes cross. If they've never heard of Atlantis I stop right there though, I don't want to subject them to my exuberance. Who the eff hasn't heard of Atlantis I ask??

zannamarie

I happened on this thread just after I bid on a dolphin pendant necklace in an auction. The item was donated so the person posting it just said it was a 925 on the pendant and there was a blue stone. Because the pendant is a dolphin wrapped around a spherical stone, it would make sense if it was larimar. The photo of the stone seemed to be darker than what I've seen in this thread so I was wondering do those of you that have larimar think this is larimar?

I received it in the mail today and when I took it out of the envelop and held it up near the window (because I happened to be beside the window and it was light outside) it was as if the stone was lit from within. Some sections of the stone are darker than others so parts of it "lit up" and other parts didn't pass as much light.

I took a couple photos tonight with it near the light.

photo 0 - original photo in auction posting
photo 1 - pendant under the light
photo 2 - pendant under the light but turned a little different direction

Do you think this is larimar?

Attachments

• Dolphin pendant 0.jpg
    Dolphin pendant 0.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Dolphin pendant lit 1.jpg
    Dolphin pendant lit 1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 99
  • dolphin pendant lit 2.jpg
    dolphin pendant lit 2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 105

zannamarie

Do you think this is larimar?
Someone told me this looks like cat's eye which I thought could only be amber colored, but I found blue images as well so this does not appear to be larimar. I didn't bid as if it were larimar and I do like it so all is good. :)

samantha

Hi Zanna. Id agree that it doesn't look like Larimar. The first pic made me think it might be Chalcedony, but that wasn't borne out by the iridescence of pics 2 and 3 ! (Unless you've got a really intense light there ?)

Whatever, its pretty so a good find/buy !