what is your soul and personality card?

gorgeousbutterfly

mine is the high preistess for both personality and soul. not sure excatly what it means... whats yours?

cosmic_bubble

my card

i have 'strength' as both my personality and soul card... my hidden one is 'the star' :)

i found a useful article on innerchangemag.com which had the following to say for the high priestess:

'if you have the High Priestess in your profile, you are independent, self-sufficient and are psychically gifted. High Priestess people require solitude, although you are often in demand for your profound wisdom and insight. You are always aware of the rhythms around you -adapting and accepting the constant change of circumstances, the ebb and flow of energies and the subtle undercurrents of relationships and moods.

Some renowned High Priestess profiles include Lord Byron, A.A. Milne, John Glenn, Jules Verne, Wolfgang Mozart, Edgar Allen Poe, Maya Angelou, Paul Simon, Jackie Onassis, Bob Hope, and Frank Lloyd Wright.'

:)

mtnmermaid

The Chariot is both my personality & soul card. Here's what it says about mine at innerchangemag:

If you have teenagers, you know that hard on the heels of discovering love comes the urgent demand for using the car. In an almost silly, but accurate parallel, the next step after the Lovers is the Chariot. If your birthday numbers reduce to sixteen and/or seven, you are in the Chariot profile.

Your profile deals with mastery, will, and choosing your own path. You are a born leader, and you take your responsibilities and obligations very much to heart.

If your profile is the Chariot, you need goals and purpose, or else you can feel bogged down and stuck, which is something you truly dislike. You have very high ideals, and you are fiercely protective of the people and causes that you care for. You can balance the contradictory forces in your nature by learning to keep a firm grip on your inner guiding principles. You may benefit greatly from meditation or spiritually focused martial arts.

Historic Chariot people include Galileo, Gertrude Stein, Aleister Crowley, Bruce Lee, Joseph Campbell, John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, and Joan Baez.

My mom's always summed me up in two words: "Stubborn and willful!" LOL Which is true. It's really hard to get me off course when I'm headed where I want to go. Or if I decide to dig in and go nowhere, forget trying to move me. The Tower is my shadow card - which means sometimes I just totally change course with no warning and upset the apple cart.

Tower card from inner change mag -

The Tower, card XVI, is another deeply challenging card. It is about cutting out anything in your life that is unhealthy, undesirable, unwholesome for your spirit. Tower people with the 16-7 combination are extremely forceful, often facing tremendous odds, flying in the face of public opinion. Their shadow aspect is to beware of pride or arrogance. You
may find yourself, like other famous 16-7s, concerned with discarding what is outdated, neurotic, or even destructive, and what to keep and build upon. They include Galileo Galilei, Feodor Dostoevesky, William Morris, Dylan Thomas, and Joan Baez.

moonstone11

How do you find out what your soul and personality card are? I am very,very new to Tarot but find it fascinating and would love to know what my soul and personality cards are!

Many thanks.

amysquie

Wow, mtnmermaid, The Chariot is both my personality and soul card too! :) How does everybody use these cards? I am new to Tarot so have been studying this card for a while now to really get to know it. Do you find you need to work with this card more often? What significance does it have when it is drawn in a reading for yourself?

Moonstone 11, to get your personality card, get the numbers from your birthday and add them up eg. 7th April 1980 would be 7 + 4 + 1980 = 1991. Then reduce this number by adding the digits together eg. 1 + 9 + 9 + 1 = 20. Any number below 22 is your personality number and each one corresponds with one of the Major Arcana, so 0 would be The Fool, 1 would be The Magician and so on. Your personality card tells you what you have come into this lifetime to learn. If you get 19 then for some reason 19, 10 and 1 all act as both your personality and soul cards.

To get your soul card, reduce your personality number again, so if your personality number was 16 then your soul number would be 1 + 6 = 7. Again your soul number corresponds to the card of the same number from the Major Arcana. Your soul card indicates what your soul purpose is for all lifetimes.

If, like me, your personality number is a single digit eg. 7, then you can't reduce it any further and so your soul number is 7 also. So your personality and soul card are the same. This means you are working on your soul purpose in this lifetime, making you more focused on it.

Hope this helps you and I haven't confused you! I am learning with a book called 'Tarot for Yourself' by Mary K Greer at the moment and the info above is from that. I would highly recommend it. :)

le pendu

amysquie said:
Any number below 22 is your personality number and each one corresponds with one of the Major Arcana, so 0 would be The Fool, 1 would be The Magician and so on.

How is it possible that anyone would ever get 0 for an answer? This system doesn't allow for the Fool to be a card. Perhaps using 22 for the Fool would solve this.

best,
robert

mtnmermaid

I honestly don't use it much except when it pops up in a reading I give it special attention in case it's got a deeper message for me.

SunChariot

le pendu said:
How is it possible that anyone would ever get 0 for an answer? This system doesn't allow for the Fool to be a card. Perhaps using 22 for the Fool would solve this.

best,
robert

Very observant and logical of you. :grin: No there is not combination of numbers in a date that can add up to zero. Yes that is how it's done. The Fool becomes card 22 for this kind of exercise.

That is why (as amysquie mentioned) "Any number below 22 is your personality number" . The reason for using the number 22, as there are only 21 Majors, is to make room for the Fool.

And btw, my personality card is card 20 (Judgement) and my soul card is card 2 (the High Priestess). The High Priestess is a card I have always loved. It is just me, and definitely the one I associate most with.

Babs

amysquie

whoops

Hi guys yes it is as Babs says, 22 would be the fool. I do remember thinking that's it's impossible to get a 0, but I was just typing so fast and so used to 0 being the fool that I just merrily typed it lol. Good job one of us is thinking straight. Scared me for a min though coz I thought maybe all the cards would move up a number and my personality and soul cards would be Strength, not the Chariot. Oh well I still have to figure out all the cards anyway and Strength is my Year Card.

So in practice most people don't use their personality and soul cards much? Does that go for other cards like your Year, Zodiac etc ones? There are so many!

Also, how did you get your avatar, Babs? Do you get to upload your own after a certain number of posts?

Thanks,

Amy

Jeff

Very Interesting. My personality card is The World, and my soul card is The Empress!

I was so afraid that I would get something like The Tower and Death! LOL

Keep smiling,
- Jeff