anyone know an extended celtic cross

vhrsn

Hi everyone,
I was trying a tarot spread over the phone, and came up with some type of extended celtic cross that a friend did for me. I was wondering though, if any of you share ideas with me, or could do that?
The one I use that has a ten cart celtic cross is:
card 1, basis of the matter
card 2, what's crossing you, the challenge
card 3, the past
card 4, recent past
card 5, the goal
card 6, near future
card 7 where you find yourself
card 8, others around you, the invirnment
card 9, hopes and fears
card 10, the final outcome
I was thinking of having card 9 be hopes and fears, card 10, being the lesson in this life you're having to learn
card 11, being inner strengths
card 12, being weaknesses
card 13, being the thing you can do to bring everything together
card 14, the outcome
Any advice on this please?
All the best,
Veronica
P. S. The deck I am currently using for these spreads, is my voyager tarot.

bluecaffeine

extended celtic cross

I also know the celtic cross with 10 cards. Where are the other cards, vertical oder horizontal? Which position?

vhrsn

Hi all,
The other cards, could be along side in a staff. So it'd be two rows of cards, 6 thorugh 10. Then cards 11 thorugh 14 would be along side that to the right if that makes any sense to all of you out there.
All the best,
Veronica

Aeon Sage

Celtic Dragon Tarot

D.J. Conway has made her own Celtic Cross Spread.

Astraea Aurora

Hi vhrsn,

James Wells has done some refinements on the Celtic Cross. He hasn't extended it but has created new meanings for the ten positions, plus an eleventh one. He shows two versions in his blog.

NEW VERSION A:

1 Herenowness. What IS, here and now.
2 The bridge — how I got from “was” to “is” and how I’ll likely get from “is to “next” if I choose to remain on this path.
3 Factors that are conscious, known, or obvious.
4 Factors that are unconscious, unknown, or subtle.
5 The previous right thing for me.
6 The next right thing for me.
7 All that is “me” in this.
8 All that is “not me” in this. The other(s) or the environment in this.
9 Hopes, fears, and the deeper, larger lesson(s) to be learned.
10 What will likely happen [by a chosen time frame] as a result of this process/journey/situation.
11 OPTIONAL [to be placed anywhere you choose around the layout]. Who or what is guiding, holding, or supporting this process/journey/situation?

NEW VERSION B:

1 One polarity in this situation (or One polarity in my life right now).
2 The other polarity in this situation (or The other polarity in my life right now).
3 Factors that are conscious, known, or obvious.
4 Factors that are unconscious, unknown, or subtle.
5 What’s appropriate for me to leave behind.
6 What’s appropriate for me to move towards.
7 All that is “me” in this situation (or All that is “me” at this time).
8 All that is “not me” in this situation (or All that is “not me” at this time). The other(s) or the environment.
9 Hopes, fears, and deeper, larger lesson(s) for me to learn around this situation (or at this time).
10 What will most likely happen [by such-and-such time frame] as a result of this journey/process/situation/choice.
11 OPTIONAL [to be placed anywhere you choose around the layout]. Who or what guides, holds, or supports this situation/process/journey/choice?

Source: James Wells' Blog. http://jameswells.wordpress.com/2008/05/12/revised-celtic-cross-layouts/

I don't know if that's what you were looking for but maybe these two versions can give you something you hadn't considered before and may wish to include in your personal extended Celtic Cross version.

Astraea Aurora :grin: