5 card spread

Celtic_Dragon

I just thought this one up...

It's a five card spread placed in a diamond (or compass).

I got this idea from magpie9 when talking about areas where people grow and develop more than other areas. Mostly because I know that there are areas where I need imporovement and areas where I was forced to grow because it was time and I wasn't willing/ready.

.....4(N)
.....2(S)

I believe this coensides with the eastern ways or celtic or native. (not sure which)

But the east represents air or the mind, the south fire/ego, the west water/emotions, the north earth/body, and center is spirit/soul.

When doing the spread ask yourself what needs to be worked on in each area. I'm going to try it tonight, but in the mean time let me know how everyone else likes it!

Dylan Natare

Celtic_Dragon said:
I just thought this one up...
<snip>

.....4(N)
.....2(S)

<snip>
But the east represents air or the mind, the south fire/ego, the west water/emotions, the north earth/body, and center is spirit/soul.

Hello, CD--

I use a similar spread, switching air to the north and earth to the east, because I am a witch who agrees with Mike Nichols' essay here: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7280/rethink.html

Additionally, I start with a querent card in the center, over which I lay the spirit card last. This is my preferred reading for myself.

Sometimes, if one card seems to be 'arguing' with the rest, and I don't recognize an explanation for the incongruity, I may deal a final card to supplement the card that seems out of place.

Dylan