New Hardcover Book of Thoth

Barleywine

I saw mention of this in another thread and went looking for it. Barnes & Noble has it for pre-order for $60, apparently with the same eight full-color plates that are in my 1969 Weiser paperback (now sadly reduced to "loose-leaf" status; I dare not drop it). Here's the promotional blurb:

"This is a facsimile of the Weiser hardcover edition of The Book of Thoth published in 1969, featuring “remastered” full-color plates depicting eight of the original tarot-card images."

I imagine the covers are that high-end pressed board publishers have been using instead of cloth, but hopefully it's sewn and not glued. Mine gets heavy use, so I'd want it durable.

Aeon418

I noticed it on Amazon today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Thoth...qid=1495233143&sr=1-12&keywords=book+of+thoth

£45 quid is a bit steep for a hardback version of the same old photo-facsimile edition we all know and love. I think I will pass. It's luxury I can live without.

If there were a possibility it might receive the full Hymenaeus Beta style editorial treatment that other Crowley works have received I would buy it in a flash. But that's never going to happen while Weiser hold onto it. :(

EmpyreanKnight

Ah but this is great! And it gets released on my birthday, so I think the universe might be telling me something lol. This would look so perfect on my shelf. I just bought a new paperback version tho, and I haven't really read it yet so I think I'll buy this as a sort of gift to myself later, when I have achieved some mastery over the book.

I imagine the covers are that high-end pressed board publishers have been using instead of cloth, but hopefully it's sewn and not glued. Mine gets heavy use, so I'd want it durable.

One of the comments on Amazon says that a previous printing of the hardcover was Smythe-sewn, so I hope this new one is, Barleywine.