Lego Spread

ethan_greer

Hi everybody. I've been doing this thing lately where I have a number of keywords. Here they are:

What
Why
Hope
Fear
Intellectual
Emotional
Challenge
Advantage
Opportunity

When I sit down to read on something, I decide on the fly what my spread will be. So for example, say I'm reading about a college class that's giving me trouble. I might choose to deal cards for Intellectual, Challenge, and Advantage. If I want to keep going I can deal out more cards using more of the keywords. Maybe for the college class example above I would draw a card for Opportunity.

Basically, it's a spread that has a variable number of positions, from one up to nine cards. I call it my Lego spread because you can pick and choose what pieces you want and stick them together however you like. I like that I can tailor each reading's spread according to the topic. And when I come across new keywords that I like, I can add them in, no problem.

Usually I lay the cards in a row, but it depends on whim where the cards will land.

I really enjoy using this scheme. There's structure, but there's also a lot of room for variation. There are hundreds of thousands of different combinations.

So, thoughts?

ethan_greer

I wanted to revisit this before it dropped off the front page. Does anyone have any feedback or reactions about this? If not, I'll let it drop, but I think it's pretty interesting.

And I'd love suggestions for additional keywords I could use.

Thanks.........e.

Lewen

This looks interesting. I'll have to give it a try. Printing it and putting it in my spreads section in my journal. I'll let you know when I read from it! :)

Alta

I like the idea. Flexible and useful.

ethan_greer

Cool, I'd love to hear how (if?) it works for you.

Jourdain

This sounds really good for me, since I only use like four or five spreads on any regular basis--spreads that are fairly regimented--and this one can be tailored to my particular question. I like the keywords, too. I think I'd add "Fate" or "Outside Influence" or something like that to the table, too, but otherwise this is a really cool process, thanks for posting it.

--Jourdain

ethan_greer

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that.

Demon Goddess

ethan_greer said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that.

I often ask for an Advice card.

ethan_greer

'Advice' is definitely a good keyword, the only reason it's not in my list is that I usually don't like using it.