Being kicked by the new moon...help

214red

I have been studying the affects of the full moons on me, being a Cancerian it is only logical, I usually keep those evenings/weekends free because I am not sure yet how some things affect me, I am collating the data though and a picture is becoming clear.

However I got blindsided by the new moon in Aries on the weekend, and I don’t usually worry about new moons because I don’t feel the effects so much, usually. However it has really kicked me, and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this, because I have a feeling this full moon might be a big one for me and I want to be forewarned.

Aries is intercepted in my 12th house, but I have no planets in Aries or Libra so didn’t think this would hit me that much. So I am a bit puzzled, I have read up things online, but nothing seems really clear.

Any help on this new moon and the upcoming full moon would be appreciated!

TractJM

I'm actually intrigued by this as well. I had a VERY insane weekend emotionally (I'm a Gemini but my ascendant is in Cancer which was in my 12th house at birth and is moving back into my 12th house now), and I'm progressed into cancer with 5 planets including my moon in the 12th house) and I noticed that the timing and escalation of my moods and instabilities were progressively more severe going into SUnday and then began easing from Monday. I really don't get it either but I'm with 214red on understanding how particular lunar phases affect us! :D

Minderwiz

Without some consideration of several charts, I can't give a definitive answer. But I would make a general observation that things are often more complex than one or even two astrological events.

Using Nikki as an example, at the time of the New Moon you also had an applying aspect between transiting Mars and natal Mercury by trine. Mercury is your sixth House ruler, so there could well have been an underlying propensity to rather violent domestic discomfort around that date. The New Moon is also opposed by Saturn, who is Lord 8 in your chart. Transiting Mercury (Lord 6) is also in an applying square to your natal Sun and the New Moon itself is applying to Jupiter (Lord 12) in whose house the New Moon occurs.

Finally the New Moon occured conjunct the fixed star, Alpheratz, associated with a need for freedom and movement. i.e. you may well have felt extremely restricted and limited at the time of the New Moon (remember the opposition from Saturn would also add to that).

Therefore there are a number of factors going on that would engender a feeling of discomfort, unhappiness with what is going on, a feeling of being emotionally hemmed in and under pressure.

Now that of itself is a superficial look at the New Moon chart against your natal chart. It might also be worth checking some derived charts, and calculated positions, so you might also look at it in the context of yout life's events (the day before there was a Primary Direction of Mars to the MC by opposition), the year (using Solar Returns and possibly Lunar Returns, even profections and secondary progressions).

Now I'm NOT saying that the New Moon wasn't relevant - I AM saying that the New Moon was a trigger for a number of factors that were at work in your chart, probably exaggerating what might otherwise have not been so notable.

214red

Without some consideration of several charts, I can't give a definitive answer. But I would make a general observation that things are often more complex than one or even two astrological events.

Using Nikki as an example, at the time of the New Moon you also had an applying aspect between transiting Mars and natal Mercury by trine. Mercury is your sixth House ruler, so there could well have been an underlying propensity to rather violent domestic discomfort around that date. The New Moon is also opposed by Saturn, who is Lord 8 in your chart. Transiting Mercury (Lord 6) is also in an applying square to your natal Sun and the New Moon itself is applying to Jupiter (Lord 12) in whose house the New Moon occurs.

Finally the New Moon occured conjunct the fixed star, Alpheratz, associated with a need for freedom and movement. i.e. you may well have felt extremely restricted and limited at the time of the New Moon (remember the opposition from Saturn would also add to that)

Therefore there are a number of factors going on that would engender a feeling of discomfort, unhappiness with what is going on, a feeling of being emotionally hemmed in and under pressure. I have been feeling restricted for awhile but it came more to a head and I felt very angry about being cooped up and restricted. I want to be out of where I am now, and right this instant and not a moment more and therefore I was frustrated with everything and one that I felt was in my way, spirit, god, the universe where all told that I am unhappy!

Now that of itself is a superficial look at the New Moon chart against your natal chart. It might also be worth checking some derived charts, and calculated positions, so you might also look at it in the context of your life's events (the day before there was a Primary Direction of Mars to the MC by opposition), the year (using Solar Returns and possibly Lunar Returns, even profections and secondary progressions).

Now I'm NOT saying that the New Moon wasn't relevant - I AM saying that the New Moon was a trigger for a number of factors that were at work in your chart, probably exaggerating what might otherwise have not been so notable.this makes sense because I didn’t think that the new moon alone would really cause this much of an issue, but I do remember my 6th house being one of the most important for the next few years, and the most crowded in my progressed chart. I was waiting for something big to happen that is I know due to, but hasn’t shown its face yet, and I wondered if the new moon was the big bang or the full moon

Thank you as always, I need to look back at the predictive post you did on my chart also and try and see what has been triggered by this moon, and what is due to be triggered

214red

Well the full moon helped me feel abit more settled, however still feeling caught between two worlds, am hoping that the energy i feel building is working up to the release that might happen after mercury goes direct ( i need something to look forward to). Hopefully something will give soon