Lynryd Narciso's art tarots

gregory

Moody Lane is indeed not there. Nor is Pasasalamat - but that was specially created as a thank you for a small group of people, and so not available to the public at large.

Ly - do hurry with that website :)

Solandia

I couldn't find the Moody Lane deck among them. Was I just missing something?

Now that I check more closely, I do only have 12 of them on Aeclectic.

~ Solandia

annik

I like the Lepidopteran People very much. Too bad he didn't published his Sailor Moon Tarot. It was quite gorgeous.

Rhapsodin

Is there no end to this artist's talent?

I've just received the Tarot of the Curious East. Aside from the exquisite art, the colours on these cards have a glow to them that you rarely see away from varnished oil canvases.

a different style perhaps from his other decks but it's still recognisably the work of the same artist.

gregory

Is there no end to this artist's talent?

I've just received the Tarot of the Curious East. Aside from the exquisite art, the colours on these cards have a glow to them that you rarely see away from varnished oil canvases.

a different style perhaps from his other decks but it's still recognisably the work of the same artist.
I would have said his style is so various that you can't tell it's the same artist in most of them. But I'm no art critic...

VGimlet

I would have said his style is so various that you can't tell it's the same artist in most of them. But I'm no art critic...

I would have to agree - his styles vary widely, one of the things I really love about his decks. :D

Rhapsodin

Perhaps because so far I'm only looking at a limited number of decks that I have, that tend toward what to the non-tarot UK person would call exotic. With one exception my tarot time in the past couple of weeks has been spent with the Ng Daigdig sa Balintataw, the Rikit and now the Tarot of the Curious East, plus a few examples of other decks shown on the web and this site. Yes, the styles are very different but there are some signifiers.

I'm quite ready to have my views revised, however. If I were to acquire some of his far earlier decks I might think differently but I fear there's no chance of that.

:)

Rhapsodin

I would have to agree - his styles vary widely, one of the things I really love about his decks. :D

Very true. Not an artist that one could ever tire of. Nice whimsical twists of humour in some of his cards.

Rhapsodin

So what do you think are the reasons that his decks don’t sell? Too expensive? Too many decks? Is the “Ly fan club” on ATF only a very small group of geeks? Or is it normal that majors only decks only sell in such small numbers anyway? The Vanessa Tarot is a full deck and found a big publisher, that might be a reason then …

Honestly? They aren't widely publicised. I happened upon them as a result of initially lurking on this forum. Possibly also because "majors" decks only now seem to be coming into their own, suited (maybe) to the meditators and/or art collectors among us rather than those who need a full deck for spreads and who shuffle the cards a lot.

His work deserves a far wider exposure. It's gorgeous and laden with insights that hint at the research (or just a natural knack). I'd love it to be 'the sooner the better' but hope I can get my hands on a certain OOP deck before the wide world becomes aware!

gregory

Majors only is one thing; people do seem to say they will wait for him to do the full 78 cards,...

But one big difficulty for him - for a long time and maybe still - has been selling from the Philippines. Paypal was one thing, but there was also something about postage costs.