The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot Ever, Exercise 7: Hey! What Does THIS Card Mean?

3ill.yazi

Thank you to everyone who has been so patient and participated. I hope as you continue to do these, you see connections or relationships between cards you have not noticed before.

In this exercise, we hit a new level and look at aspecting, clarification, or opening up cards.

Again using the study deck of Minor Arcana cards, we draw a single card, and think of a situation it could represent. Then draw three more cards to explain how that situation developed. Again, if you are playing at home, this one starts on page 27

FOUR OF COINS

he's a miser just grasping onto his valuables.

FIVE OF COINS - TWO OF CUPS - THREE OF SWORDS

He comes from a very poor background, but eventually found some success and married well. However, she left him and took everything in the divorce. This has left him defensive and protective of his assets.

Harperhaven

3 of SWORDS
She's heartbroken and is grieving because of their separation

9 of WANDS - KNIGHT of CUPS - 10 of WANDS
He had been her protector, trying to keep her safe when the world seemed to crash down around her . He was her knight in shining armor, kind, caring and romantic. But the stress was getting to him. He tried to take on all their burdens alone but he couldn't. He cracked under the pressures and is now in the hospital.

annabel398

Using the Napo tarot (an Argentine deck)

Page of Cups:
He's a young man opening up to his female side (it's a very androgynous figure), dipping his toes into the waters of a rich emotional life.

Page of Disks / Ace of Disks / King of Cups:
He graduated from school, and got a job right away making pretty good money.
Out of the blue, a woman at this job offered him a gift...
His father, a man who has a passionate nature, tells his son: it's your choice--follow your heart, my son.

3ill.yazi

QUEEN OF SWORDS

She has not let the hard knocks get her down. She gives as good as she gets.

EIGHT OF CUPS - THREE OF COINS - TEN OF CUPS

She blew this Popsicle stand and got a job in the city. Living well is the best revenge.

Harperhaven

ACE of CUPS
She had that heady feeling of falling in love again

3 of SWORDS - ACE of SWORDS - KING of PENTACLES
She had just gone throught a terrible breakup with her really sarcastic boyfriend, but the separation helped clear her mind and focus on what she wanted ... a stable homelife with a confident secure man.

3ill.yazi

THREE OF HEARTS

she was anguished by heartbreak

QUEEN of CUPS / QUEEN OF SWORDS / STRENGTH

at heart a dreamer, she had to grow up fast after a death in the family, and she had to be everybody's rock.

Harperhaven

5 of WANDS
My male friends have been at odds a lot lately. They seemed to disagree on almost everything and ended up in petty squabbles about heavens-knows-what!

QUEEN of SWORDS/ACE of WANDS/KING of SWORDS
I try to stay impartial but they are sorely testing my patience. Come to find out that they've been squabbling over who would ask me out to the Cinderella ball next month. Turns out they all procrastinated too long. My new lawyer called me yesterday and asked me to go to the ball with him!

sladie

SteamPunk Tarot (Moore and Fey)

Ace of Pentacles

Either they won the lottery, or lost a lot of money

Page of Swords - Three of Cups - Three of Pentacles

They started off not bad, and the lottery gave them a fresh look at life. They celebrated with friends and family in good fortune. They decided to invest the money into a business, and it took off well.

Did I do it right?? I've been having a hard time with this one.