Tarot for Prison Ministries

CharlotteK

I should think nature and animals is a great way to go for a Wiccan. Some of the decks like Hanson Roberts are non nude but have quite a Christian flavour.

Morwenna

Hanson-Roberts does have one nude card, the Star, though she is covered in her hair. But the Whimsical may not have any nudity; it's all based on fairy tales and nursery rhymes. The Wonderland deck is another possibility; all the pictures are Victorian-style, a takeoff on Tenniel. The Halloween is another possibility.

Of course you could get up to speed on cartomancy and read with a poker deck... :)

Sentient

What is the world coming to when the humble WS Star card is considered by authorities to be too lascivious for convicted felons....

Carojulie

What is the world coming to when the humble WS Star card is considered by authorities to be too lascivious for convicted felons....
I was thinking the same.
But well, I guess it's not that easy to get things like tarot decks when you are an inmate, so I guess it's better than nothing if they are allowed a no-nudity deck., even if that shortens the range of choices.
But, it's interesting this kind of rule, it says things about the ingrained spirit of a culture, or country, or government. (I am not judging here, just pointing out differences in cultures, things that stand out for me as an outsider, but I really hope I am not offending anybody - I like to try and understand some things from a sociologic point)

TarotCasper

Hanson-Roberts does have one nude card, the Star, though she is covered in her hair. But the Whimsical may not have any nudity; it's all based on fairy tales and nursery rhymes. The Wonderland deck is another possibility; all the pictures are Victorian-style, a takeoff on Tenniel. The Halloween is another possibility.

Of course you could get up to speed on cartomancy and read with a poker deck... :)

Oo, I'd be careful with the Halloween. There's the Devil card. ;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/35/33/cb/3533cba9d40c33a85f0e904188f3814d.jpg